cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to JDBC Scenario asynchronous mode..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to develop an asynchronous scenario from SAP-->PI-->JDBC.

So,iamlittle bitconfused to use RFC OR PROXY (where instead of IDOC).

So, please suggest me which is the simple, whether RFC--PI--JDBC or PROXY--PI--JDBC. Asiknow, RFC by default is asynchronous mode..

1) If iuse RFC at the sender side by using this link: SAPTechnical.COM - A Step-by-Step Guide on Asynchronous RFC - to – JDBC Scenario Using SAP PI 7.0,,

shouldineed to do some configuration in basis level or the abap program for changing that to asynchronous mode..?

2) If iuse PROXY..could any one suggest me or share me the document which ineed to follow fordoing this asynchronous scenario from SAP-->PI-->JDBC..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So,iamlittle bitconfused to use RFC OR PROXY (where instead of IDOC).

as the integration is asyn then you can make use of anyone from the above, however it depends on the development efforts and the performance and monitoring.If you already have either standard RFC/BAPI/IDOC which meets your requirement then go for either RFC/IDOC. In this case if you have huge volume of data then go for IDOC

Asiknow, RFC by default is asynchronous mode..

RFC supports both sync and async, i don't think by default it is async....

1) If iuse RFC at the sender side by using this link: **************** - A Step-by-Step Guide on Asynchronous RFC - to – JDBC Scenario Using SAP PI 7.0,,

shouldineed to do some configuration in basis level or the abap program for changing that to asynchronous mode..?

no additional settings required at basis level.Only thing is to register your programId which is quite simpler

From performance,monitoring and handling huge volume of data(not always) point of view i will prefer to go for proxy, unless until the there is a standard RFC/BAPI/IDOC which has very minimal development effort required.

Thanks

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Both RFC & Proxy supports synchronous as well as asynchronous modes. For proxy communications, your ECC WAS version>=6.2.

It's better to use proxy since we will have better monitoring features compared to RFC.

Please find below the document referring proxy to jdbc scenario.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ac1a33-debf-2c10-45bf-fb19f6e15...

Regards

Vishnu

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Proxy --> PI--> JDBC is the best approach.

Thanks

Manigandan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

From my point of view is better to use a Proxy, the integration is more deacoupled and you have more monitoring tools.

1) If iuse RFC at the sender side by using this link: **************** - A Step-by-Step Guide on Asynchronous RFC - to – JDBC Scenario Using SAP PI 7.0,,

You would need to know what is your SAP gateway, but you would need to do any special at basis level if your PI is already connected with your ECC.

2) If iuse PROXY..could any one suggest me or share me the document which ineed to follow fordoing this asynchronous scenario from SAP-->PI-->JDBC..

What is your PI version?, you would need to have the proxy runtime configurated.This document can be helpful

Regards.