Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not execute 'grant select on schema to _SYS_REPO with grant option'

m_jun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new schema in HANA development perspective with the name as SCHEMA991.hdbschema.

I then tried to grant select privileges to the owner of the new schema by the following command --

call _SYS_REPO.GRANT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGE_ON_ACTIVATED_CONTENT('select','SCHEMA991','HANAUSER');

-- where "HANAUSER" is the HANA studio userid.

I am also tried the below command, but I m getting the same error -

grant select on schema <schema> to _SYS_REPO with grant option;

But When I create schema from modeler perspective and run the below command, it runs perfectly.

grant select on schema <schema> to _SYS_REPO with grant option;

Please provide your valuable  inputs to solve this problem. PFA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because your user ID doesn't have the privilege to execute the procedure "GRANT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGE_ON_ACTIVATED_CONTENT". Please ask an admin for the privilege to execute this, or ask them to do it for you.

Regards,

Suhas

m_jun
Explorer
0 Kudos

He is saying he has provided all privileges.

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you check under security for your user, if have access to _SYS_REPO in object privilege? If he says all privileges are there, you can them in user security to see if anything specific is missing

m_jun
Explorer
0 Kudos

I checked with ADMIN, all necessary privileges are already present for the user.

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you try this on hana web ide, after you login to web ide, open hdbschema file and click on the key icon which is "Assign Execution Authorization"