cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Information Steward (IS) view scores used for ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

In my IS Data Insight project, I create rules to validate tables and IS views. But I can only see table scores in IS Metadata Management, I can not see IS views in IS Metadata Management. So my question is: What are IS view scores used for ?

Actually, I am vague about the role of IS in Data Warehouse architecture. Are IS Data Insight rule scores useful only in IS Metadata Management ? Apart from IS Metadata Management, what are IS Data Insight rule scores used for ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For now, DI views are not shown in MM - it's something that was requested a while back.  Refer:

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=9F6A80F0-02CE-4DBB-8533-DF30CFE6CA2A&idea_id=4D389056-...

As I see it, IS views are used to combine multiple objects, and ideally not used to filter data where possible.

IS rule scores are used to aggregate to Scorecards to shown how an overall area is tracking.  You can then export a URL of the Scorecard out or use elsewhere.

At a table level, you may want to understand how good the data you are using in a report is.  So you could find a report, look at lineage back to the source table(s) and see the score to give you confidence on whether you could make an informed decision on the data.  This use case has some holes from an MM perspective, particularly with respect to DI views but also that there can be too many layers between table and report in a warehouse environment when rules are built on the source tables.

Hope that answers your question.

regards

Adrian