cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA - Data Provisioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP HANA architecture, it is mentioned that SAP HANA provides real-time data replication and SAP Data services.In Such Casae,why customer has to buy again seperately SAP LT replication server or SAP BODS licenses inorder to transfer data from source system to HANA?

Can anyone please clarify ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP HANA Real-Time Replication option (SAP HANA Real-Time Replication – SAP Help Portal Page) had just been released with SAP HANA SPS 9. Before that SAP LT, SAP BODS and SAP Replication Server had been the only offerings to provide this capabilities.

For scenarios where you have one or more data sources from where the data should be transferred into a single SAP HANA instance, the SAP HANA option provides the benefit of integrated administration and reduced license costs.

However, if your landscape covers many-to-many data transfer scenarios that you need to develop, test and monitor centrally, than I'd say this is the use case for single server installations.

Due to the vast majority of use cases that actually revolve around getting data into on SAP HANA instance, I guess the offering as a SAP HANA option makes sense.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars for your reply.

Can I use SAP LT(as a seperate) server to move the data from source system to BW (target system).

In such case, BW also serves as holding real time data.

So, in BW also real time data replication is possible not only HANA.

I accept HANA has other advantages, but interms of real time replication , if I use a SLT (seperate server) to move to target system like BW and HANA, both(BW and HANA) serves the same purpose in terms of real time replication.

Can you please clarify, If I am wrong ?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP BW doesn't provide the real time replication. But it can consume some real-time enabled data sources.

That's not the same as replicating directly to SAP HANA, but to a certain extent, it's possible, yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars for your reply.