cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification about ABAP certification (C_TAW12_731 / SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP Net Weaver 7.31)

pranaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day to you.

I am SAP SD certified (Associate level) consultant and have 5 years of experience in this module and have knowledge in ABAP some extent.

Would like to complete following ABAP certification through work experience (not through SAP education partner) and have following materials with me.

C_TAW12_731 / SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP Net Weaver 7.31

TAW10

ABAP Workbench Fundamentals / SAP net Weaver 2004

• Course Version: 2005/Q4
  • Course Duration: 15 Days
  • Material Number: 50077029

TAW12

ABAP Workbench Concepts

• R/3 System
  • Release 4.6D or above
  • 2005/Q2
  • Material number 50077373

1. Is this material enough for preparation of above said certification exam (C_TAW12_731) ?

2. Have seen in below link that the study material for this exam (C_TAW12_731) is

TAW10 (NW 7.4) & TAW12 (NW 7.4)

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_taw12_731-sap-certified-development-associate---abap-w...

Please confirm. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those TAW10 and TAW12 courses (or the books supporting those courses) contain pretty much all the material for the C_TAW12_731 certification. Be warned - there's quite a lot of content in them!

There is now an updated certification available (C_TAW12_74). I assume that SAP has updated the TAW10 and TAW12 courses to match.

You should - of course - go for the latest certification version.

cheers & good luck

Paul

pranaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Thanks a lot for your information.

As mentioned, I have only TAW10 (Version: 2005/Q4) and TAW12 (Release 4.6D or above & 2005/Q2).

Since, I do not have the latest version of this material.Just want to know that Whether these study materials would be sufficeint in order to prepare and complete C_TAW12_731 certification.

Thanks in advance !!!

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well.... they do sound a bit old! They would still provide a very solid basis to get started with, and probably cover about 80-90% of the material you will need .

After mastering them you could check the SAP certification site for additional topics that you may need to do extra study on. For example, do those notes include WebDynpro?

It might be worth joining the SAP Learning Hub for access to more up-to-date material.

cheers

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

I am certified ABAP consultant and I would recommend that you study the latest material only because there is a huge difference in the 7.31 and 7.4 releases ABAP coding wise. I have completed the 7.31 certification myself in 2013, by self study but I was a full time abap consultant then too. I would recommend you to study hard and I feel it will not be a huge value since you are a functional consultant.I am working with 7.4 system and there is a huge difference and it takes time to get used to.

pranaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paul !!!

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My pleasure; and good luck with your exam!

Can you please mark an answer as the 'Correct Answer' to close the discussion?

cheers

Paul