SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does system define stages patterns for module groups in transaction PIQACSTAGEVIEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We created a program pattern having different stages (Stage-I, Stage-II, Stage-III), and assigned the same to the Program of study in  "Program data". Now while creating Module Group under the respective Program of study the system asks for "First possible stage of a Program". If our module group is "Semester-I" we want it to fall under the stage-1, so we assign the value "First Possible stage of a program" as "01". However if we go to transaction "PIQACSTAGEVIEW" it shows correct stages under a program of study, but the module groups are not falling under respective Stage nodes as we expected. The module having assigned the value "First possible stage of a program" as "01" was coming under the node Stage-1 as well as Stage-3. Also if we go on to change the value, the node structure does not change.

What is the importance of the field "First possible stage of a program" while creating a module group?? and is this the field by which system defines the structure of Stage display in the transaction "PIQACSTAGEVIEW"??.

Thanks in advance
Aatish Shukla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aatish,

the stages you enter as additional data on the relation 500, when you create module groups below an SC or modules below a module group are relative stage numbers. Also the length of a module group (infotype module group data) is relevant for PIQACSTAGEVIEW.

Let me give an example:

• if you have a module group below SC starting with relativ stage 1 and length 3 => it spreads over Stage-1 to Stage-3
  • if you have a module group below SC starting with relativ stage 2 and length 2 => it spreads over Stage-2 to Stage-3
  • now if you have a module below the 1st module group with relative stage 1  it belongs to Stage-1
  • a module below the 2nd module group with relative stage 1 belongs to Stage-2 instead (since 2nd module group starts in Stage-2)
  • a module group below the 2nd module group with relative stage 2 will start in Stage-3 and should not have a length > 1 when your program has only the 3 stages you gave in your example

Hope this helps you to explore further and understand.

Regards,

Dirk

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aatish,

the stages you enter as additional data on the relation 500, when you create module groups below an SC or modules below a module group are relative stage numbers. Also the length of a module group (infotype module group data) is relevant for PIQACSTAGEVIEW.

Let me give an example:

• if you have a module group below SC starting with relativ stage 1 and length 3 => it spreads over Stage-1 to Stage-3
  • if you have a module group below SC starting with relativ stage 2 and length 2 => it spreads over Stage-2 to Stage-3
  • now if you have a module below the 1st module group with relative stage 1  it belongs to Stage-1
  • a module below the 2nd module group with relative stage 1 belongs to Stage-2 instead (since 2nd module group starts in Stage-2)
  • a module group below the 2nd module group with relative stage 2 will start in Stage-3 and should not have a length > 1 when your program has only the 3 stages you gave in your example

Hope this helps you to explore further and understand.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

Thank you for the reply.

It helped me understand how system determines stage patterns, however there is one issue with the transaction PIQACSTAGEVIEW.

After defining all the stage patters as suggested by you, I observe that the stage transaction shows every module twice under a stage.

Please suggest on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Aatish,

a module should only be shown more than once, if itself or a module group above of it is linked twice under the SC. So you should check this.

If you still doubt, you should provide more info, for instance a screen shot of the structure of the SC in PIQ_ACSTRUC.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

The hierarchy of the program of study is like this

SC>> Has a module group (Level)>> has a module Group (Stage)>> has a module.

The module is linked to SC and the module group Stage.

0 Kudos

Hi Aatish,

from the screenshot I cannot deduce anything.

But you said, that you linked the SM to the SC *and* the module group (Stage). That is not necessary, since the modulegroup (Stage) itself is linked to the SC. Maybe this is the reason why the SM is appearing twice in the Stage View.

Dirk