cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect merged cells option on new dataset dialog box

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am trying to figure out if this option works and if it does, what do cells in the spreadsheet that is being imported need to have.

i have merged cells in excel (like city and state), then imported the data into lumira, checking this option, but don't see anything difference.

this option is in the "advanced options" section of the dialog box, when a spreadsheet is being imported.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

This is a good question and it took me a while to notice the difference.

Here's my Excel spreadsheet:

Notice cells A2-B2 are merged cells and A3-B3 are merged too

When acquiring the data if I click off the Detect merged cells is leaves the cells B2/B3 blank (unmerged)

If I click the checkbox on Detect merged cells then it fills B2/B3

I don't think it's going to split City/State in your example.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tammy,

i used city and state because i thought the data would make it easier to see what was going on.

i think what is throwing me is that the detect option seems to work backwards. by that i mean, if you check the detect option, i'm expecting to see the data in lumira on the dialog box in the merged format from excel (like your first screen shot of the dialog box), but that isn't how the option works.

you have to clear the detect option to see the detect columns.

does that make sense?

tracy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would agree with what you say; it took me a while to follow what is going on with this. I never noticed this feature before.

Answers (0)