cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block on delivery based on committed quantity at Header level

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we need to put delivery block at the header level based on confirmed quantity of a line item.

Scenario :   Business will be selling product B on the name of product A, For this we have created a sales BOM with material A and material B as component in it.

As material A is just for the name we will not be having any stock for it, So we have No availability check on this. As we are delivering Material B we have a availability check for this item.

Here as the material A doesn’t have the availability check all the quantity is getting confirmed every time and delivery is being created for the same. But the requirement is to create the delivery if and only if the Material B is confirmed in the order as we are actually going to deliver material B but not A.

ScenarioMaterial Confimed Result
1AYesNo Del Block
BYes
2AYes Del Block at Header
BNo

Please guide me as how to setup this.

Thanks in advance.

venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venky,

I think you can configure what you need in the sales document item category.

Go to tcode VOV7, select the item category that will be used for the BOM, and in the Bill of Material / Configuration section, set the Create Delivery Group field to "X". This should prevent the delivery from being created until all of the materials in the BOM are available.

Glenn

0 Kudos

Hi Glenn

Thank you for prompt reply,

I have set the Create delivery Group field to 'X' as  indicated by you for the item category type TAQ. even though the delivery has been created when the component material doesn't have any confirmed quantity.

We are using the program RVV50R10C in the background to create deliveries for the open sales orders does it have any impact on these ?

Please let me know your views on this.

Thank you

venky

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to go for user exit as mentioned in the following note:-

• Note 901808 - Confirmed quantity is not correlated on subitems

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi LakshmiPathi,

Thank you for the quick reply,

I have checked the Note 901808, It talks about the correlation between the Both the Items. From the note i understood that based on the Main item quantity the subitem quantity will be updated and delivery will be created.

But in our scenario the Main Material (A) is always confirmed fully (as it doesn't have any availability check activated), Where as the Material B will have the availability check. So if the component/sub item is confirmed then only the delivery has to be created.

Thank you

venky