cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Clear U-Zone

chris_coviello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all - We have an issue and hope you can help.  Someone (somehow) did not properly clear out a post change notice (t-code LU04) and instead use t-code LT01 movement type 999 to manually create transfer orders.  Now, we have a negative / positive quantities in interim storage type 922 u-zone.  We tried to clear the differences via LI21 but that did not work, we actually ticked off our accounting group posting a $500,000 inventory adjustment.  We were able to reverse the posting but we still have the issue.  We cannot transfer the positive quantity to the negative quantity... it only exacerbates the issue by increasing the negative quantity and positive quantity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can clear up this issue? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

if I understand correctly, in your storage type 922 and bin U-ZONE you have one quant with positive quantity and one with negative and you want to merge them to make zero.

If that is so, please check quant attributes in both cases and perform LT01 from/to 922 U-ZONE and enter that destination quant characteristics so they will match. Then system will merge them.

I hope this helps.

Petr

chris_coviello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Petr... some times it is the simplest things that we miss.  We used t-code LT01 and created TOs using the bin data as well as the correct quant data.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create neg stock 922 U-Zone first you must confirm the trans order number using LT24 or LT12 if you got the TO # on hand, then you go to LU04 select the box that you're trying to merge then hit the create trans order button.

former_member38225
Participant
0 Kudos

Not a lot to go on here but maybe the best bet is to just reverse the original movement that created the posting change and then decide what to do.

Seems to me that it wouldn't be the simplest route at this point to start over.

Just FYI a posting change is not the same as a transfer order so not sure that exexcuting an LT01 had any effect except to move the material from one bin to another. The positive value of a material cant be moved to reduce the negative value because they are more then likely different stock types. The posting change must be processed unless you reverse it as I mentioned. Have no idea why a LI21 was attempted that doesn't make any sense so maybe training is needed.......

Later......

chris_coviello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, it is not possible to start over as you suggested... too many people tried to resolve the issue on their own before reporting it to IT.

We are looking for a way to resolve the current issue...  The post change notice was processed but like I said, someone (somehow) the user moved stock around via t-code LT01.  I assume they felt this would fix the issue but like I said in my previous post, this only made the problem worse. 

LI21 was posted in at attempt to clear out the differences that were created, right or wrong, it helped with the stock quantities, but posted a high value inventory adjustment.

I agree that future training is needed but I am not sure how this would be a solution for our current problem.  

If anyone else has a suggestion on how we can resolve the current issue (see attachment) we would greatly appreciate it.