cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP planned order in Past due.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can a SNP planned order be in past date ?. For an example an order created On week 1 and assume no plan happens till week 2 and on week 3rd first day I am seeing an SNP planned order in the past date(i.e. dated on 1st week) and now what is the influence of having an order in the past?. Do we want to delete these ordres before next optimizer runs or Optimizer will delete all these while planning and create a fresh in future dates.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

It depends if the orders are fixed, firmed or no!

Fix - check in the product master, tab SNP2 if you have Supply Profile maintained and if the option Fix Production or Fix Stock Transfer is selected.

From SAP help:

SNP Optimizer

If you set this indicator, all SNP planned orders from previous planning runs
that are outside of the planning horizon specified for background processing,
are considered as fixed during the SNP optimization run and, therefore, are not
deleted.

If you do not set this indicator, all SNP planned orders from previous
planning runs that fall within the planning buckets profile specified for the
planning book are deleted during the SNP optimization run. In this instance, the
SNP production horizon is an exception: If you have specified in the SNP
optimizer profile that you want the optimizer to take the SNP production horizon
into account, no SNP planned orders are deleted in this horizon.

Firmed - if the orders are firmed the heuristic will not delete them.

Also, in the optimization profile, tab Integration, section Existing Orders you have the possibility to delete or no the orders.

To delete the old stuff it's a good practice. So, I would reply you yes. You can create a job in background to delete all old stuff each night (for SNP use t.code /SAPAPO/RLCDEL, for PPDS use program /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER ).

Thanks,

Regards, Marius