cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.4 works better with NWDS or Eclipse ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning a migration from PI 7.1 to PO 7.4. Kindly help us to find the appropriate development environment to make full use of all the functionalities. Does NWDS or Eclipse facilitates better to explore all features of SAP PO 7.4?

And also please share other migration approaches you have come across apart from Directory migration tool.

Thanks

Sudarvizhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by other member's, NWDS is still evolving.

You might want have a look at the below blog which should give you a good idea on working with NWDS

P.S. Go through comments section as well. Some of the issues have been address by SAP in latest releases.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sudravizhi,

For PO 7.4, if you want to develop NW BPM & BRM or java mappings, then we would go for NWDS obviously. Apart from these, for developing interface design objects, configuration objects, and monitoring purposes, I think still the traditional swing tool is the best choice I guess.

Yes, I agree using NWDS also, we can develop design, configuration objects, and even monitoring features, but still we don't get some flexibilities like if you are working on message mappings etc. I think still SAP is adding the capabilities or enhancing the capabilities of NWDS for the same.

Coming to Migration Approaches, normally for design objects, we would use file transport and export these to new PI version. For configuration objects, if the interface design/flow remains same then you can use migration tool provided by SAP. You can find the document on how to use migration tool, just search in SCN/Google.

If there is design change in the interface, like if you want to remove the ccBPM which was there in old version, then you need to configure the ID part  manually in new system. Accordingly, the design objects needs to be handled.

Regards

Vishnu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudravizhi,

NWDS is based in eclipse but with all the libraries needed to work with PI/PO. Please, use NWDS, and it is advisable if you download the same NWDS version than your PI/PO.

NWDS Download Links - Java Development - SCN Wiki

Take into account that PI 7.4 is the same that PI 7.31 but with 5 SP less, i mean if you have a PI 7.4 SP 5 you should to download NWDS PI 7.31 SP 10 version.

Regards.