Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DB Connect Source System Setup - ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Hi Folks, I try to setup a new database as source system. TNSNAMES.ORA entry added and all done like in DEV system but right after entering the connection details and waiting for about a minute I get "System cannot be reached". When I check ST21/System Log I see ORA-12170 TNS Connect timeout occurred. I had my database admin take a look and he checked TNSNAMES.ORA in /oraclehome/    and also in the /usr/sap/...../profile/oracle look okay and he was able to connect from the database server with sqlplus and the same user (db connection details use) to the target database. So he concluded it is not a Oracle issue but an SAP issue -> wonderful especially as it is an Oracle issue as the error message suggests, right? Any ideas how to proceed? Thanks for all replies in advance, Axel PS: SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT on my SAP BW system is set to 120

replied

Thanks for providing the note. We check both systems in regards to those parameters and they look good. Are set to 120.

What we found out meanwhile is that the other system is not reached at all - there is no entry in the listener.log of the target DB system. So I guess the connection never get's thru.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question