cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed systems connecting to SolMan- best practice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Can some please  suggest the best practice for solution Manager in terms of  connecting managed systems.

Our solution Manager is a 3 System landscape (DEV-QAS-PRD).

Which of the below practices are suggested by SAP?

1. Connecting all  Managed system to Solution Manager PRD(All DEV, QAS and PRD)
  2. Connecting all DEV systems to Solution Manager DEV and All QAS to Solution Manager QAS and All Production Systems to Solution Manager PRD.

What is the best practice  from SAP?

Kind Regards

Phani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Connecting all  Managed system to Solution Manager PRD(All DEV, QAS and PRD)

Connecting all DEV systems to Solution Manager DEV and All QAS to Solution Manager QAS and All Production Systems to Solution Manager PRD.

If you have a three system landscape, you can use individual systems of same type on one solman system, which I would use for things like technical monitoring, considering putting low pressure on solmans.

Otherwise, if your landscape is not big and PRD solman have sufficient resources( which you can check by sizing) you can have a single system for this purpose.

I believe, where much depends on how you have already planned solman in your landscape, since you already 3 system landscape.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu

If we connect individual systems of same type  to Solution Manager like all DEV's to Solman DEV, how does it impacts in terms of maintaining logical components(solution manager identify managed system by grouping based on the product version.)

How does it works in terms  maintaining business process documents?

charm and ITSM will be live on Solman PRD, how does it creates a transport through solution Production, when solman PRD does have a conned to it.

Does my question make sense?

Thanks for your quick response.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what I mean to say that you have planned your solman landscape so there must be reasons behind 3 system setup And usage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In other words its mandatory that we need to hook up all the managed systems like DEV, QAS and PRD to Solution Manager PRD if we have planned to use ITSM and ChaRM and BPM.

Am i correct saying this?

Kind Regards,

Phani

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can clear you doubts by refer below section of FAQ.

"What system landscape is recommended to run SAP Solution Manager?"

FAQ | SAP Support Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you query is answered then please close this thread.

Good Luck !!

Regards,