cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Author name is not showing for notifications in QM11 tcode ?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to execute the notification report in QM11 tcode, but unable to get the author name for the notifications in the "Author" column. could you pls guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Author field in QM11 is related to system partner function "Author".

In order for you to maintain this value in QM notification, you should have the following setting:

-Screen area 035 available in your screen layout configuration assigned to your notification type.

-System partner function "Author" assigned to one of the following partner functions linked to your notification type:

1. Customer
    2. Contact person
    3. Vendor
    4. Manufacturer
    5. Author function
    6. Implementing dept.
    7. Person responsible
    8. Function for paging
    9. Task processor

Generally we assign author function to number 5 (author function) and this is only for internal notification types.

Once all this configured, you will have the field called "Author" in screen area called "Contact person" in your notification screen.

In standard SAP, notification type F3 is configured with contact person as Author.

If you are willing just to display the name of the person who created the notification, you have to display the field "Created by" in QM11 which will be available for all notifications.

As i said, Author contact person is only used for internal notification types as you can see in configuration screen attached:

Hope this clarifies your issue.

Regards,

Ayoub.

0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Thanks for your reply. My issue is that for a specific QM notification i am able to see the author name when i am opening it in QM02 or Qm03 tcode, but when i am trying to get the report for all notifications in QM11 tcode the author column is coming blank for all notifications. i am able to see the coordinator name for the notifications.

Could you please let me know the setting required that i can able to see the author name in author column in Qm11 tcode.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Firstly, what kind of notification do you have ? Is it vendor related, customer related or internal?

Goto to SPRO with the following path:

Quality MAnagement --> Quality notification --> Notification Creation --> Partners

Select Define Partner Determination Procedures

Then Assign Partner Functions to Notification Type

For your notification type, let me know where you have assigned the "Author" function ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Mine is customer related notification. As i checked the author name detail in Qm11 is coming from QMEL table and in QMEL table the field author name is also coming blank.

For my notifications we have assigned  the author function in "Partner functions for notification processing." Implementing department- Author.

Thanks

Akash

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, the value maintained in implementing department at notification will be shown in author column in qm11. That's why you are getting it blank.

Regards ,

Ayoub.

0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Could you please explain it and can you please let me know is there any setting to do by which i can view it in QM11.

Thanks

Akash

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

If you have assigned Author function to Impl. Dept., all you need to do is go in your notification in change mode (QM02) then select menu Goto->Partner.

You will see in partner list Impl. Dept. which is where the system is expecting you to enter the "author" value. If you maintain a value there for Impl. Dept. the system will show it in author column in QM11.

Let me know if this is ok for you or you need to change this configuration ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I hope you have tried to explore some more in SCN on this topic, as there are surely some inputs available on this regards!!

Well, in QM11, normally you get all the partner types available in the system like 'AO - Author', 'AU- Author', etc. Your notification always has a link to 'partner function', which you can see form the below config path -

Quality Management => Quality Notifications => Notification Creation => Partners => Define Partner Determination Procedures => Assign Partner Functions to Notification Type ==> Check the partner type entry for 'Author function'.

To double check the details of partner assigned to the linked 'partner determination procedure' for your notification, you can also check the other nodes in Tx - VOP2

Now based on this input and notification type combination, please search your details in QA11.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please guide me what setting i need to do in SPRO . then i can able to see the author name in author column of the specific notifications in QM11 tcode.

I am able to get the coordinator and other views in QM11 but unable to see the author assigned for the notifications. The author column is coming as blank.

Thanks & Regards

Akash

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Please go through one of my replies in the below link -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3703652

Please take clues form it and do the needful.

Thanks,

Arijit