cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the user which posted the Idocs to ECC.

0 Kudos

Hello Masters,

In SAP PI we can hardcode the values of the fileds like MSGTYP, SNDPRT, SNDPOR, SNDPRN and USERNAME(Data which indicates from where the Idocs have been posted and by which user).

Ideally the USERNAME should be a valid user in ECC(where the document needs to be posted for the case of RFC). Lets say the valid User is PI_USER.

we hardcode this value in the mapping of USERNAME field. and this user  can be identified in ECC when idoc is posted(by looking at the USERNAME filed).

Just for a change, I can put any hardocded name in USERNAME instead of a valid user(PI_USER), lets say FAKE_USER(which is not even created in ECC). When i post Idoc using this the idoc is processed and the user that is reflected is FAKE_USER only.

Ideally it should be PI_USER.

Is there any way we can identify the correct valid user which have posted the Idocs and not the hardcoded one?

Please do let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,

Priyank Shrivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priyank,

You can find the user details of the one which posted the IDoc to the ECC system from the below mentioned table  -

EDIDS

You need to just provide the IDoc number and it will provide you the username which was used to post the IDoc.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

In your receiver channel configuration, you would have configured RFC destination for sending the IDOC to ECC system. Go to T Code sm59, and check for this rfc destination. In the Logon & Security tab, you would see the user credentials being  maintained.

Using this user, the IDOC gets posted in SAP system.

Regards

Vishnu

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can check the user details in status records of status 74 by using the TCODE we02 or we05.

Records,

Rathan.