I have the following scenario to implement inter company process:

C1 - Company code 1

C2 - Company code 2

C3 - Company code 3

Each of this companies have one plant (C1 with P1, C2 with P2 and C3 with P3):

- C1 can receive from C2 and C3,

- C2 can receive from C1 and C3 and

- C3 can receive from C1 and C2

I gave a look to the following discussion in SCN but it seams that the scenario is with only two companies.

Meanwhile, customizing intercompany process in IMG - Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Set up Stock Transport Order - Define Shipping Data for Plants I can only assign one internal customer to each plant.

In my scneario how can I assign more than one internal customer?

Best regards,

Daniela Cruz   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only one internal customer can be assigned to a plant, but you can extend the (one) internal customer to different sales organizations as per requirement. Same applicable for the vendor and purchase organization as well.

Refer the wonderful document: and the thread:

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

You cannot assign more than one internal customer to a plant.You will have to create 2 STOs. One from C2 to C1 and another from C3 to C1, as per above reply.

Regards..

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the problem with individual ? Like if C1 can receive material from C2 and C3, then you need to make 2 STO.

One for C2 and another for C3.

I don't think there are any option to use two company code (or plant) in one stock transport order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Correct, I know that I need to do 2 STO. That is not the question or the problem.

But how I customize the 2 plants (from C1 and C2 for example) with the internal customer in plant form C3? How can I do this for recognize that C3 can receive from C1 and C2?

Best regards,

Daniela Cruz

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See it more abstract, you are totally wrong with your thinking. We have 773 plants as of today and each one can procure or sell to any of the others.

Just create for each plant a customer master and a vendor master. Just think about the address in that moment. There is no redundancy, just a uniqueness 1 plant is 1 customer is 1 vendor

Next see it from purchasing point of view, you are P3 and want get material from P1.

So you need to search for the vendor master that has the address of P1.

Then you extend this vendor master with your own company code data C3 and purchasing org data views. 

If you want to sell to P2 then you search the customer who has the address of P2 plant and extend this customer with your company code C3 and sales organization.

Now you need to do your STO customizing.

The assignment of plant to vendor is made in the vendor master itself, it is done from the purchasing view, but it does not matter from which purchasing organization, as this assignment is client level.  So, if you are in vendor 1 then you need to assign it to plant P1 , regardless to which plant your purchasing organization is linked in the Enterprise sturcute.

Now you have to assign the customer to plant, go into your IMG stock transfer setup 

You select the plant and assign the customer with the same address as this plant  has, P1 to customer 1 .