Did you mean: 

Error In Implementing HR Enable CATS

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am attempting to enable HR enabled CATS in my Sandbox

I have carried out the following steps

1) Ensured that all configuration in CATS, date Entry profile etc is all complete and working correctly WITHOUT HR enabled CATS.

2) I have then selected the CheckBox to Enable HR integration in Data ENtry profile configuration

3)  Followed the steps in this wiki to set up all the webservices and c onsumer proxies

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SOAMANAGER+Configuration+for+CATS+Web+Services

This was done by Basis Consultant, and he then proceeded to ping and test the web connections are all ok, and he stated everything is ok from his end.

4) Searched SCN and reviewed several similar questions - Looked at the following notes

1501709 - ICF root nodes of the SOAP runtime -   Activated all the mentioned ICF root nodes

1948335 - Short Dump in CL_SRT_WSP_CONNECTIVITY_OUT - Do not think this is relevant for our system - I think we are on the right patch level, and I do not see any dumps as mentioned in the symptoms of this note.

1819681 - System error (SRT) during Record Working Times - This one seems to merely give the instructions that I have already followed.

The error I am getting is this

System

System error: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Fr

and I also do not see any information from HR that I am expecting to see, such as Leave Request and Work schedule data.

Can you please point me to something I am missing here?

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have managed to sort this out. It required a lot of deep diving into the SOAMANAGER configuration and only a dedicated Web Service consultant was able to resolve it. The solution is too long to put here, and if I get the time I will do a wiki or something later on.

Thanks for all the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3692126, did you follow all the steps here?

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, I believe I have carried out all the steps mentioned in the wiki and have looked at all these threads and seen all the notes. in fact, the note and steps I have already mentioned in my original post. Not sure what I am missing.

Thanks and Regards

Harish

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you trace and provide the logs ?typically these issues are config related, I would suggest again o review it as per wiki http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SOAMANAGER+Configuration+for+CATS+Web+Services and note

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should I trace using ST01 or is it HTTP trace ? Can you please give me some guidelines on how to trace?

Thanks and Regards

Harish

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find attached the xml of the error log from srtutil.

Would you be able to derive any information from this for me?

Thanks and Regard

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

these are common ICM errors ie

ICM_HTTP_INTERNAL_ERROR

read here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1869302

in your trace, look for errors and then search you ll get lots of messages

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you need to ping the services in soamanager and confirm whetehr they are working or not

You need to do a trace in SMICM as mentioned.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When we ping the web service, the ping is successful.

Trace in SMICM was done - some initial things pointed to a time out issue and the timeout was increased - to no avail.

If you want me to put the SMICM trace here, I can -

Have searched SCN relentlessly, and done whatever seemed appropriate - there are numerous threads dealing with ICF error, but very few specifically dealing with hR Enabled CATS issue. and All of them typically point to the wiki on scn, which has been followed religiously.

We will look some more.