cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Credit Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about standard credit check:

1. When Orders are rechecked again for credit check? Only when something changed with the order or on daily basis?

Lets say we have order that need to be delivered in 10 days, was released today (we have a credit horizon 5 days), we will not change anything with this order, will it be re-checked for credit check until the delivery, or not?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramana , in this case i can suggested to test in dummy sytem . 1)create one sale order with more than credit limit 2) sale order will block by credit check 3) relase the order in VKM3 transaction 4) immidiatly increase the qty in VA02 and try to save it then you can understand how system will respond . i guess once if you changed the qty again system will recheck the credit limit but i am not sure . please test and confirm. and Regardign number of days once you released the any order and if you not done the delivery for that number days ( which you mentioned in OVA8) again system will block the order by credit check . Regards venkata rami reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are the certain cases sales documents that have already been 'Released' by a credit representative can become re-blocked.

Automatic credit control: The setting in OVA8 the field ‘Number of days’ of the release is used to determine the number of days allowed before a released document must be rechecked.

Availabilty Check: Whether or not the schedule lines are fully confirmed at the time of release (release value of the document (VBAK-AMTBL)). The release value will be used to determine whether a higher quantity is to be delivered than was originally released.

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

if it is Dynamic credit check system will check till Horizon date ..let say Horizon period is 10 days and today if you created sale order and delivery date is after 15 days system will check daily and if any open items are over due system will block that order .

Regards

Venkata rami reddy Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basis for the determination of credit check is the material availability date of the schedule line (VBEP-MBDAT). When the system checks sales orders, it is not important whether the sales order itself lies within or outside the horizon.

The system simulates the values of the sales order currently being edited and adds them to the consumption, If the sales order items lie within the horizon, the system adds their open values to the consumption, if the sales order items lie outside the horizon, they do not increase the consumption.

As a result, documents (having Material availability date) which lies outside the horizon are also credit blocked if the consumption within the horizon already exceeds the credit limit, meaning if the Material available date falls within the Horizon period, while the Anticipated or Requested delivery date falls outside the horizon period.

Also it is said that the correction programs for credit check are scheduled on a period basis or monthly basis by SAP ( but do not have a clear indication from SAP about this), meaning the behavior might change for orders having dates in two different months versus the dates in the same month.

This is the assumption I had, and hence please have this validated ( for the same month processing, meaning the release is valid till the month end immaterial of horizon period of 5 days).

This will be more effective when you have a similar credit block setup available at the delivery level, which will be considered as a release made against a certain value before 5 days & since I did not make any change on that order, your sales order will not go for a block again.

but if the dates of release & processing are handled in 2 different months, I presume that the behavior might be different.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please check the field " number of days " in transaction OVA8 and select your combination and go to details.

Regards

venkata rami reddy Konduri

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your configuration.  Moreover, for this type of query, it would be better if you try in your system first, see how system is behaving and raise your query here subsequently.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you are very helpful Yes we have checked and it seems that orders are re-checked only when something changed within the order (like price), we need to have the check every day on the orders even if there was no change.

Do you know what kind of settings are triggering this?