cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas Version and Screen Elements Visibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas Experts

We are new to SAP Screen Personas software. Our company plan to use the same for all the SAP HR related display and Automation (for all the PA30 related activities) for different countries. (Around 15 countries we are planning in the first phase)

Versions:

EHP6_

SAP_BASIS – 731 (SP Level 011)

SAP_ABA – 731 (SP Level 011)

Kernel Version – 721; support package level - 413

As of now we don’t have any plan to upgrade this Basis / Kernel Version until end of this 2015.

Questions:

1. Please suggest the recommended Version should I install for Personas -  Shall I proceed with Personas 3.0 (or) 3.0 SP1 ; or do I need to stay with 2.0 (Sp3)
  2. Question about Flavor creation – As per our scenario with respect to each countries we have to control the screen elements visibility based on the MOLGA of the user id. Is it possible to control the visibility dynamically based on the Login user / MOLGA during the on loading of Flavor (or) should I proceed with different flavor with respect to each country?

Kind Regards,

Kiruthiga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With your Basis and kernel versions, unfortunately you cannot run Personas 3. You'll have to go with Personas 2. When you upgrade your ERP system to EHP7 or higher you'll be able to install Personas 3 and migrate any developments you've made in version 2, so the work will not be lost.

Visibility control within a single flavour is difficult in Personas 2. It is possible in Personas 3, but based on your description I'm note sure it is the right solution anyway. I would suggest creating flavours for each country. You could have a "main flavour" which has an "onCreateHandler" script that fires when the flavour is loaded. That script could examine the country and automatically switch to the appropriate country-specific flavour. I would use this technique in both Personas 2 and 3.

Does that make sense?

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiruthiga,

A very warm welcome to the SCN community, you will find these forums an excellent source of information regarding Personas.

After reading through your post I have a few recommendations for you.

Firstly, it is important to note that Personas 3.0 requires a Kernel version of 7.42 with patch level greater than 118. There is not workaround for this, you simply have to have this version of the kernel for the system to be able to run Personas 3.0

Currently, the latest patch level is 200, hopefully a new SAP Personas team member will confirm that for you.

Question 1

Personally, if I was in your position, I would use Personas 3.0, there is no point in my opinion in learning an old version of a software (Personas 2.0) and then in the near future moving across to Personas 3.0.

Personas 3.0 is the latest and greatest version of Personas available. When you install it, you will be installing Personas 3.0 SP1 as this is the version where all the fixes are applied. When you install Personas 3.0, you want to ensure you check all the available notes, although SP1 is quite new, there will be constant updates between Service packs which you should install to make sure your system is as up to date as possible.

Question 2

Hmm, as far as I know, you would need to set up select flavours for your groups and then using the flavour assignment you can control what user uses which flavour. I am not sure if you can 'dynamically' adjust a screen based on it's user, unless of course, it is done using a specific flavour for that usergroup.

Just to be clear, if I understood you correctly, you have for example, two users, one you wish to see everything on the screen and the other you only wish to see selection portions. This is, in my opinion, what Personas is very good at. I would create two screen, one allowing everything and assign it to that user and the second with the majority of the screen hidden and only displaying what you want that user to view.

It should be noted that although Personas 'hides' the data elements for the second user, that user could potentially still access them from a default SAP GUI. The SAP standard authorisation should be the central part of your system when it comes to controlling data permissions etc.

I hope this little reply helps you in some way, I have used both Personas 2.0 and 3.0 and find 3.0 to be vastly better.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to post them up and we can take a look at them.

Best of luck!

Angus