cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Compare changes in Univ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had taken universe from repository and done changes on top of that in IDT tool

Now iam unable to compare my latest changes done in universe when compared with previous version.

Does anyone has any clue on how to compare ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush ... thanks for your reply .. i'll try this option ... i wish if there could be some inbuilt option in SAP BI tool which could help in comparing ... i come from programming background there we had a tool which shows how many line of code has been added or deleted which helps a lot !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I know a process which is a bit clumsy if you want to give it a try. Right click on the business layer, click on Save As. You can get PDF files for both in this way and you have to compare them manually.

-Ankush

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you exported the universe after changes ?if something you have have changed and want to see if changes are moved to repository then again import the universe and see the changes.

Might be you have exported the previous version of universe in the repository.

See the unx file in the project and go with latest timestamp project folder.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have both previous version and latest version(with my changes), now my intention is to compare both the universes to highlight the changes done by me (in new univ with respect to previous version).

Does anybody has any idea if there is any such facility in IDT or any other tool available which can take previous version and current version as input and highlight the changes done by me. Reason why i want this is

1) To make sure that nothing, other than intended changes were done accidentally

2) In case some other universe changes come to me for review i can compare it with previous version and quickly do the review.

I hope i had made my statement clear now !!

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with Visual difference option. Its available out of box and you should have access to CMC and related objects to do the comparison.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan .. by saying it is available out of box what do you mean ... can you please tell me in detail as i have started designing universe few months back only so am not aware of much options !!

Fyi .. I have access to CMC.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

However this has a limitation of comparing contents between BIAR and a BIAR.

Thanks

Mani