Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNI vendor mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please help me understand below Que

In SNI, how vendors are mapped ( for example main supplier is a sub con vendor "A" and he has two comp vendors "B" and "C", so how does these are mapped to customer ?

and who will be responsible to maintain data or upload data in SNC, will it be Supplier "A" or "B" and "C" also update individually?

Will appreciate your early response!

Thanks

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Logically the master data has to be created within the organization as this would be in ECC. The same would be CIFed to APO/SNC. Thereafter you will define them as business partners for the usage in SNC along with right roles. Go through the below links to understand further.

Maintaining Master Data for SAP SNC: Overview (SAP Library - SAP for Consumer Products: Business Sce...

Master Data - SAP Library

If this already answer your query please follow else raise your concern.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

I know how to maintain vendors location & SNC business partner organization.

My Que is in case of SNI as I explained how the relation between vendor A,B & C is build?

B & C are not direct suppliers to customer but they are supplier's of Sub con Supplier A, so in ECC I will have vendor A that get CIfed to SNC

and secondly who will be responsible to update data in SNC it will be vendor A only or individually B&C also need to update their data for SNI scenario?

Thanks

Vipin

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

If you are not directly sending a PO to B & C for which A is responsible then you just need to map A. As you will have agreement with A but not with B & C. A has to take care for B & C.

On the other hand A is further giving this to B & C who can provide you right insight about the status of POs raised to A. Then in this case you need to give authorization to user in B & C who will be updating on behalf of A.

The other way could be since your agreement is with A, they update the same in A irrespective of that they have to take information from B & C. So no need of B & C in the system. If I have to go for then I would prefer this option but again depends upon business requirement.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul

Pl let me elaborate further

suppose PO is put on Vendor A and this vendor & PO exist in SNC

Now comp X supplied by vendor B and comp Y supplied by vendor C , which are suppliers of vendor A.

So do we need below

1) Does comp X & Y required to be CIFed in SNC?

2) Also does these comp should be in BOM on PO placed on vendor A?

3) If vendor A has to update status of comp X & Y in SNC how that will be linked to PO?

If above not possible what is the best way to handle the scenario?

Thanks for help

Vipin

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipin,

I am really not sure why you want to map X & Y in your system? Do you send your PO for X & Y or some other material?

If some other material then logically you just need to map this final product and vendor A will update the same.

Explain clear reason why you want to map X & Y & vendor B & C? What benefit it brings in your business, if A can provide you relevant information for final product?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am asking as per SNI functionality in SAP Help Doc as below. How this is achieved?

The SNI Monitor is not limited to one supply relationship between a customer and a supplier. On the contrary, it also supports more complex supply networks, such as the following:

1) Supply networks with one customer and suppliers of the first, second, third level and so on (supplier, supplier's supplier)

2) Supply networks with customers, suppliers, and third-party logistics providers

Thanks

Vipin

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipin

Point is not what SAP can support but point is what benefit it brings to you? If you say that suppliers, supplier are constraints then yes you need to map but again read my post where I asked you why you want to carry out such complexity?

regards

Rahul

Answers (0)