SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint invoicing and multiple periods

vapor_anomaly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two installations I1 & I2, which are setup to be jointly invoiced.

When we bill the installations for Jan 2015-Mar 2015, we get three billing documents.

But when we invoice the contract account, we were hoping a single invoice/print document gets generated for both the installations and the three months.

Instead it is just generating 1 invoice per month, including both installations.

That is:

We have

B1 for Month 1 installation 1

B2 for Month 2 installation 1

B3 for Month 3 installation 1

B4 for Month 1 installation 2

B5 for Month 2 installation 2

B6 for Month 3 installation 2

What we expected when we invoiced (Tried at contract account level and )

A single print document P1 including, Installations I1 & I2 and months Month 1-3

But what we got is

P1, for month1, for installations I1&I2

P2, for month1, for installations I1&I2

P3, for month1, for installations I1&I2

We can see that joint invoicing is happening, but it has generated one invoice per month.

Is this how standard SAP works?

Is there some configuration that can be done to make sure, we have a single invoice for the whole three months and two installations?

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vapor,

This is not standard SAP behaviour,

As Dhanbalan is also saying you must have customized R403 Event, Please go and check in FQEVENTS.

And rest you can achive your requirment by maintaining "Joint invoicing" value at Contract object (Tab 2)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vapor,

You can control this behavior thru configuration.

Looks like, it's configured to consider the billing key date for  invoice grouping, that's the reason you get individual invoice for every billing period.

Regards,
Sathyadeep.

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vapor,

This is not standard SAP behaviour,

As Dhanbalan is also saying you must have customized R403 Event, Please go and check in FQEVENTS.

And rest you can achive your requirment by maintaining "Joint invoicing" value at Contract object (Tab 2)

0 Kudos

Thank you Manoj and Dhanabalan.

I am checking this in our system. Will get back with more details or the resolution.

Thanks.

vapor_anomaly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

This is being manipulated in R403 as you have suggested.

Thanks.