cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 DIAPI remote connection error: Database server type not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

It did worked when I tried to work locally.

But I got an error: Database server type not supported when I tried to connect the SAP by DI-API remotely.

I'm using the SAP B1(9.0).

My SAP database was on "SQL1"(MS SQL 2012) and the license server was on "APP1".

And my client machine is "CLIENT1".

Here's a piece of C#  code I used to open the connection:

Company oCompany = new Company();

oCompany.Server = "SQL1";

oCompany.CompanyDB = "companyXX";

oCompany.DbServerType = BoDataServerTypes.dst_MSSQL2012;

oCompany.DbUserName = "sa";

oCompany.DbPassword = "password";

oCompany.UseTrusted = false;

oCompany.UserName = "manager";

oCompany.Password = "manager";

oCompany.LicenseServer = "APP1:30000";

oCompany.Connect();

I did install the Native SQL Server Client 2012 on my client machine, using the correct SAPbobsCOM.dll

and I confirmed I have set the admin account in IIS (did the operations in this ticket ).

But I still got the error:Database server type not supported.

Could you please suggest what I can do to solve this error?

Thank you very much in advance!

Billy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Looks like a Windows or SQL-Server issue, not a Business One.

On the client, may you run a SQL-Server Management STudio? Are you able to connect?

Did you setup the security on the SQL-Server, to allow TCP-IP communications and to allow the correct IP address?

Is the firewall (on both machines) active?

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric:

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually this issue reported by our testing team. I will let them try it and give you our result!

Thanks

Billy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric:

Here's our testing teams' result:

Would you mind read it and give some other advises?

On the client, may you run a SQL-Server Management STudio? Are you able to connect?
-untested, integration works through "Server" configuration so I don't think this is a problem

Did you setup the security on the SQL-Server, to allow TCP-IP communications and to allow the correct IP address?
-SAP B1 requires TCP-IP to be enabled in sql for client communication anyway, so this is already enabled

-unchecked, but functions in "Server" configuration without issue. Issue only exists when connecting TM Clients through IIS

Check again the installation of DI API in the client both 32 and 64bit.
-TM's only 32 bit, so customer only has 32 bit DI API installed. and again it connects and functions normally through "Server" configuration, this error is only being received when connecting TM from clients through IIS.

Thanks

Billy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Sorry for the delay, was travelling.

Issue with testing by connecting with the SSMS is to verify:

1. That the native client and Tools are correctly installed on the client,
  2. That the communication is properly working with the server from the client.

This has exactly nothing to do with integration working thru a server.

Firewall: again, issue is to check that communication is properly working from the client to the server, not that that the server is working.

DI API: same answer: the fact that it works on the server, doesn't mean it works on the client. In particular depending on how the client is installaed, what I asked to check.

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Eric. Our testing team schedule the testing on Thursday! I will let you know the result!!

Billy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric:

Terribly sorry for the delay! Our testing team solve it by reset the IIS admin account and re-install the DI-API on the client machine!

Thank you so much for all of your advises!

Billy

former_member371090
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi

i have exactly the same problem and already try connecting with the SSMS to verify and its works perfect.

also verify the security on the SQL-Server, the firewall in both machine and reinstall the DI API in the client both 32 and 64bit.

but the problem still continue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Just an addition to this problem; if you got -119 database server type not supported on web site UI screen, check out my solution here; https://answers.sap.com/answers/13724823/view.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

-untested, integration works through "Server" configuration so I don't think this is a problem

-SAP B1 requires TCP-IP to be enabled in sql for client communication anyway, so this is already enabled

-unchecked, but functions in "Server" configuration without issue. Issue only exists when connecting TM Clients through IIS

-TM's only 32 bit, so customer only has 32 bit DI API installed. and again it connects and functions normally through "Server" configuration, this error is only being received when connecting TM from clients through IIS.

Thanks

Billy

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Re- install if need be.

Also, just to be complete, remove the the %temp%\SM_OBS_DLL folder.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edy:

Thank you very much for your reply. As I mentioned to Eric.Actually this issue reported by our testing team. I will let them try it and give you our result!

Thanks

Billy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edy:

Thanks

Billy

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I still think this is a DI API installation problem.

I don't understand what you are referring as

functions normally through "Server" configuration,

If you are referring to SBO client, the connection between SBO Client and a DI API addon is using different way. SBO Client does not need a DI API to connect to the server.

Can you please re-install the DI API on the problem machine and see ?

Also, remove the SM_OBS_DLL folder.

Just to rule out the possibilities.

Regards
Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Edy! I will ask my colleague to re-install the DI API and give you response!

Billy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edy:

Terribly sorry for the delay! Our testing team solve it by reset the IIS admin account and re-install the DI-API on the client machine!

Thank you so much for all of your advises!

Billy