cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation pay issue-Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have vacation pay implemented for Canada employees. A canadian employee was moved from full time to Temp employee. However the system tried to pay him vacation pay for the earnings when he was a full time employee. He was termed as a full time and rehired as a temp employee. Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Canada, I believe that it is a legal requirement to pay out the accumulated vacation pay upon the employee's termination.  To confirm that, you would have to check the Employment Standards Act of the Province where the employee was/is working.

For example, here is the site for the Ontario Ministry of Labour

Employment Standards | Ministry of Labour

The required payments upon termination most likely are the same eve if the employee is "re-hired" immediately as a "temporary" employee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Remi,

But i confimred that the term employees were already paid their vacation at the time of terminationa nd the system should nt do a calculation at the end of the year for them. Any advise on where that settign is to stop the deduction? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i see WT M304 getting generated for temp employees and for us this wagetype is only for Regular employees (custom of M304)

I am thinking after the WT M304 is generated , i will write a rule that if the employee is temp i will remove the wagetype from OT . Can i query temp employees and remove the wagetype from OT in the same rule...Thank you