cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

can someone through me some light on Transaction Varient and screen varients.

i want to make certain fields as invisible and certain fields to be only for output and my sales area should always be same when i go to VA01

and i also want to know the same for MM functionality MIRO.

cheers,

anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil K,

As we all know, Transaction variants are used to make the fields hide/display/req.

As name implies these area transaction specific.

Goto Tcode: SHD0(zero),

Enter VA01,(if you want to hide/display the fileds while creating sales order)

Eg: If u want to disallow an enduser not to change the block while creating Credit memo request,u want to make the billing block in credit memo request as dispaly mode)

Enter transaction variant name: Z* ,

Press Create.

order type-G2(std SAP doc)

enter ur sales area,

give the inputs as u enter regularly,

next screeen one pop up displayed mentioning which fileds u want to hide/display with screeens.

proceed according to the cursor position, in final screen end system will prompt to save the document ,"YES" and transaction variant will save.

Now goto VOV8,

goto details of "G2" doc type,

assign ur transaction variant name in "transaction flow" -last field

n save

now use Tcode Va01,with Order type-G2,

billing block filed will be in display mode and enduser is not able to change the document.

this is the purpose of using Transaction Variants and screen Variants

*Hope it clears, Reward Points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Transaction variants simplify transaction flow by:

Inserting default values in fields

Changing the ready for input status of fields

Hiding various screen elements and menu functions, or even entire screens

Adjusting table control settings

When you create a transaction variant, you run through the transaction in a special mode. In this mode, you decide which elements you no longer need in your transaction and which values should be inserted where. If you choose to hide an entire screen, the system will no longer display that screen in the transaction and will proceed on to the next screen in the series. You can also adjust table control settings and determine the width of columns and the order in which you want them displayed. In tabstrips, you can suppress tabs that you no longer need by setting them to invisible.

You may also create as many variants for a transaction as you desire. One of these variants can be defined as a standard variant. This variant is then valid across all clients. You may also assign different variants to specific users.

This is done using variant transactions. Variant transactions are then placed in those users’ user menus instead of the standard transaction.

Screen Variants

Screen variants allow you to simplify screen editing by:

You can insert default values in fields

Hiding and changing the ready for input status of fields

Hiding and changing the attributes of table control columns

A screen variant contains field values and attribute for exactly one screen. A screen variant may be assigned to multiple transaction variants, however. Screen variants are always cross-client; they may, however, be assigned to a client-specific transaction. They can also be called at runtime by a program. The different possibilities for calling screen variants guarantee great flexibility of use.

Hope this provides you some clarity. Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Srikanth.A