Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound with VAS - Creation of picking task for packaging materials

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi EWM Gurus,

Scenario - Inbound with VAS

Is it possible to create a picking task for the packaging materials used for a VAS order (Inbound) . I am aware of that fact that consumption of packaging materials is possible .

I have tried to use KTS so that a BOM can be maintained in ECC so whenever i create to KTS order it will create the task for the packaging materials. But in our scenario the input and output materials are the same . So tried to maintain a recursive BOM in ECC and created the KTS VAS order for the material. Since EWM does not support recursive BOM, so no VAS order can be created.

Regards,

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

As Petr said correctly its not possible. But you can achieve via replenishment process.

Basically you will perform vas confirmation at vas center will consume the material which is used. And as this is fixed bin you can perform replenishment process and pick and hold the stock and this bin.

Regards

Suraj

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for the response.

As you told it is possible to trigger replenishment for the required packaging materials.Let me check whether it is possible to trigger a planned replenishment when I do VAS order staging through PPF action according to the pack specification.

Regards,

Venky

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is not possible. You can only post the issue from the work center bin.

You could set up a replenishment process to trigger replenishment task to fill up the work center bin with the auxiliary packaging material or use PPF+BADI to do that on VAS creation.

cheers,

Petr