cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Axis adapter - handler is not instantiated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did a deployment of an AXIS Adapter on a SAP PI 7.4 SAP PI Installation. When I check the Adapter Message Servlet Status looks fine.

But when I run an interface I get an error from the AXIS communication channel. (Within the channel we use digest authentication)

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: handler is not instantiated

org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: handler is not instantiated

at com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.modules.HandlerCore.process(HandlerCore.java:75)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.modules.HandlerBean.process(HandlerBean.java:86)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Some hints what going wrong? Or other ideas how digest autehntication can be used.

cheers,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Even the Axis Adapter Message Servlet shows not issues with wss4j library, you would need to deploy two more, please check this note  1776179 - Axis Adapter Error: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: handler is not instantiated

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your hint. I was alreday using he correct and needed jar packages.

But I recognized that the system comes in trouble if the the version number is included within the package name.

so wss4j.jar is used but wss4j-1.5.7 can not be used.

What do you think?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'm not an expert with the Axis adapter libraries installation, but i've just talked with a basis team colleague and our PI has only one wss4j version. If i was you, before to change/delete anything i will try to install the jar pointed in the note, the xmlsec: Maven Repository: org.apache.ws.security » wss4j » 1.5.7

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Please check if the solution given in following helps:

Regards,

Azhar