cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualize Screen Update/Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm having struggle with software performance. I'm using the SAP Lumira version 1.27 and when I try to edit my visualizations, it takes forever to refresh it if ever. It starts to load but it never ends and I can't edit any other visualization or create any other one. I've tried to restart the software several times, but no luck with that.

I thought it could be the size of the dataset but they are only two excel workbooks (3 worksheets) that sums up only 40mb - probably smaller if you think in only values. It has around 150k lines and 25 columns of data, but I don't think size of the data should be the problem.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this situation ? It is really holding me up.

If anyone is experiencing the same thing and got a solution for this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur

1.27.1 released the other day so giving that a try will not hurt.

Other than that, what's the performance like if you do a brand new doc / lums file - and a new visualization?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek, thanks for the response.

I kind have a bad feeling updating to 1.27.1 because when I updated from 1.25 to 1.27 was already a headache. And it doesn't find the update inside the software.

Performance overall is workable, but not ideal. By ideal I mean is not as fast as a pivot table in Excel. I've realized when using/creating/filtering/editing visualizations it consumes a lot of virtual memory, some times it takes almost all my 6 gb ram. I don't know if that is affecting this specific case.

Any other suggestions that I might try ?

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Did you try editing the SAPLumira.ini for memory tuning? Try tweaking the Xmx and XX:MaxPermSize according the memory you have. Also try appending the parameter called -server in your configuration so that JVM runs in Server mode. For some more tweaks, you can refer this blog

Hope it helps

Regards

Shankar

Answers (0)