cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring performance on st02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm starting the basis checks for my company, trying to figure out what to do, since I'm getting a lot of program swaps.

I've read about increasing the buffer size, is this correct? could this reduce the swaps?

Please help me understand this process.

Thank you in advance.

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Swapping occurs when the buffer is full, and the SAP System has to load additional objects into the buffer. Objects in the buffer that were used the least recently are removed. Therefore you should consider increasing the size of the buffers in question. For the program buffer (the biggest of your figure), up to 10,000 swaps a day doesn't lead to performance (rule of a thumb). You may also need to increase the Export/Import buffer size to avoid any swaps. A high number of swaps is only a problem if the buffer has no time to do anything other than load and displace objects. You can recognize this situation from the buffer hit ratio using transaction ST02. The hit ratio should be higher than 80%. And this is the case.

The figures for the hitratio in st02 are good but I don't have the startup date and time which are right above this figure.

You can start with this note, if running on 7.4x:

Note: 2103827 - Profile parameters for table buffer as of SAP Kernel Release 7.40

Otherwise

Note: 702728 - Profile parameter for export/import buffer instance

Cheers,

Americo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

parth_raval
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Yes it is right, swaps can be reduced by increasing buffer size.

Please refer below SAP Note for more information.

88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

Best Regards,

Parth Raval