cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Combination for transportation charges access sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created distribution channel for domestic sales.

I would like to create new condition type for transportation charges only for local customers, charges vary depending on the location in the country.

Is the key combination Distribution Channel / State good enough to determine transportation charges based on location?

Any other suitable recommendations?

Thank you

Regards,

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anthony,

For that you need to follow the below step:

i. Add/create field for region (REGIO-Region) in to condition table in Tcode: v/03 for creation // v/04 for changes in existing (its recommenced to create a new table)

ii. Add the newly table created in your existing access sequence in tcoe: v/07  which is finally link to your condition type.

After doing the above to configuration, you will find the new key combination in VK11.

Hope this will help you out.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

The difference in transportation charges should be minimal if what you're shipping is small. The larger the items are that you're shipping, the more that distance will be a factor.

I would suggest that you do some comparisons of transportation costs to different places within the same state, particularly larger states that are relatively close to your plant.

For example, I'm in Louisiana. If I were considering calculating transportation cost by state, I would compare the transportation cost for a close delivery like Houston to the transportation cost to a far point like El Paso or Amarillo. Then I would come up with a transportation charge that I could use for both and then consider whether I thought a customer in Houston would have a problem with paying the same for transportation that I'm charging an El Paso customer who is three times as far away.

If you decide that you need a more fine-grained geographical unit than state, you could determine by district (county) within state. Keep in mind that there are an average of 62 counties per state. I think a good approach would be to have two condition tables in your access sequence, with the first being by dist channel / state and the second being by dist channel / state / district. You could have a state condition table record for states where it would be fine to charge the same for the whole state, and then for states where you want to differentiate by county, you could add condition records only in that second condition table.

If you decide that you don't even need to differentiate to the state level and can do it by region instead, you could consider using Transportation Zone in the customer record:

Then you could create your condition table by dist channel / transportation zone. In fact, you could consider having three condition tables in your access sequence: first by transportation zone, second by state, third by state / district.

Hope this helps. I'd like to hear what you end up deciding to do 🙂

Glenn