Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sampling with DMR

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

History of my question is available to below thread but somehow I marked it to "answered" per previous question I'm posting here second issue regarding sampling.

After adding DMR to an inspection plan I found one strange thing regarding sampling. As I said earlier we are not using DMR and we have just one sampling procedure which is fixed size - 1 KG. Even there is no use SDP in our system. So when system creates an inspection lot system won't assign any sample to the lot, but business go in QPR6 and create sample manually to do result recording.

Now after assigning DMR what I found is system auto creates two sample for the lot. One as Pooled sample while 2nd as Primary. I'm not understanding why does system do like that? I do not want system to create two samples at the lot creation.

Reply appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have "physical samples" selected in the header of the inspection plan.

Craig

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, we have SDP assigned to an inspection plan/ recipe header, but with same SDP assigned system doesn't create any sample at time of lot creation, but when I assign DM rule at char level system is auto creating sample at time of lot creation. Why system behavior changed after assigning DMR rule? Is that because all chara were option earlier but now I have to make it to required to assign DMR? How can I change system behavior so it doesn't create sample at creation?

Should I use BADI. user exit to change system behavior?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you using a SDP if you don't want samples created?

You don't need a SDP to use a DMR.

If all your MIC's are optional, the system can't calculate sample quantities, especially of pooled samples cause it has no idea what primary samples from which tests, would constitute the pooled samples.

Craig

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Craig,

It's been more than 3 years of SAP here and I wasn't there initially. So even I don't know about why question here, but there are multiple inspection plan and recipe all having SDP in header and characteristics are optional.

Now my purpose is to use DMR at char level but I have to change char to "required" which creates sample at lot creation.

Do I have to use BADI or exit to enhance this functionality?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think has already answered your question. SDP and DMR have no links. Samples can even be created when you don't use DMR. What is your requirment here? You want sample to be created at the time of lot generation or not? If not then don't use SDP at header level.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you would enhance?  Cause I'm not sure what you are looking to accomplish.

It seems to me that someone put in SDP but they have been basically non-functional all this time becasue your characteristics are all optional.  Now you made them required to use DMR and now your having issues.

So as Anand said.. why not just remove the SDP?  It doesn't sound like you were using them anyway.

Craig

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.