cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dnpro ABAP application in HANA cloud portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read lot of documents on Hana cloud portal but i could not find any details related to integration of web dynpro abap applications in HCP.

Is integration of Web dynpro ABAP applications possible in HCP?

Regards

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

The HANA Cloud Platform provides development tools and services to build UI5 based applications that connect to your ABAP system to get the data from the backend. It is not possible at the  moment to expose webdynpro ABAP applications as-is in the cloud portal.

Regards,

Ifat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ifat,

As I see, I can consume the data from the on premise systems (ECC, CRM, BW) using the hana cloud connector by defining destinations. So what is restricting to call a WD ABAP application from cloud portal? So does that mean that if an existing customer on portal wishing to move to cloud will not be able to use the exisiting WD ABAP applications if moved to cloud?

Also can you please suggest, how about the WD Java applications on the cloud portal which need to connect to the back end ECC system through cloud connector, will they be able to work properly after migration? Do we need to make any application code changes?

I see we have Fiori framework page which we can use on EP 7.4 to launch the WD apps but are we able to use the cloud portal in such scenarios?

Also how about any third party connectivity works say with SharePoint? What are the things to consider while looking to connect third party systems?

One more, are WD apps supported on HEC as they have the same code base as EP 7.4 so that cloud is still an option? If yes, any other issues with that?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

AW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cloud Portal is not a successor of Enterprise Portal, it is a cloud-based portal solution that complements the on-premise offering. There is no migration path between the two solutions. The best practice is to build the UI layer in the cloud using SAP UI5 and consume the data via oData services from the backend.

Enterprise Portal can run on premise or managed cloud (HEC). In both cases this is the same portal solution but different deployment option.

Hope this helps.

Ifat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ifat,

I understand your point but I'm trying to understand from a client's perspective that if they want to move to cloud with their existing set of applications including WD apps, HCP doesn't seem to be an option. But with the same code base of HEC as that of EP, will that be an option or WD apps wont work in the cloud at all?

Hope I have put my doubts clearly.

Thanks,

AW

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same EP can run on premise or on HEC including the business content, it is just a matter of using a different deployment option. I believe the following document can make things more clear:

Running legacy apps such as WD based apps is in the roadmap for cloud portal using the Fiori launchpad framework.

Thanks,

Ifat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Ifat for the details.