cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order no invoice with a price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I'm searching a way in ME21N to create a PO with an amount in line item but still I forbid to receive any invoice on this PO.

I've been playing with account assignment and untick "Invoice Receipt" field to force not being able to receive any invoice. However, by unticking it, the line items of my PO become free of charge and I can't put any price in it.

If I remove free of charge, then I can put a price but also able to post invoice on the PO and I don't want to post invoice on PO.

Any ideas?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

set the lock to the PO item after the creation, then nobody can do any subsequent actions until this lock is removed. Hence an invoice cannot be posted.

Can you give some background for this requirement. If you never allow to receive an invoice for a PO then you will end up with a lot open that cannot be closed

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is incorrect and illogical requirement. On one side you want price in PO but on the other hand you don't want invoicing to happen. Even though some transactions are happening in SRM, still goods are valuated in ECC, stocking and FI posting happens in ECC.

Even though SAP (lets say) allows, you would end up in open invoices which will keep on piling. What will you do with those open invoices, what about taxes etc. That's the reason SAP don't allow such transaction. Either goods need to be free goods or it need invoicing.

Blocking/deletion/locking of PO is something like we are fooling ourself.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure why you want a purchase order without price and invoicing not required.

As purchase order is considered committed document by business to vendor with all purchasing conditions- better you create a quantity contract (ME31)  where your invoicing not required.

Regards,

Biju K

0 Kudos

You don't want your vendor raise invoice against his service? It doesn't matter if you are using SRM System or ECC. You may or may not replicate shopping cart, PO, Confirmation & invoice to ECC system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The reason why I'm seeing to use PO is that I have already a SRM process with a whole workflow approval of PO available.

@Sumit: Yes the requirement would be to create a PO and forbid receipts and invoices on it.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no provision to restrict invoice if you do not want to make any changes in purchase order.

You have all these options

1. Block the purchase order

2. Make the final invoice indicator.

3. Remove the invoice receipt from purchase order.

But these all are manual job after creating purchase order or after posting goods receipt.

If you don't want to do anything manually and expect that system will do it automatically, then you need to set a predefined code by using a badi or user exit or if this purchase order has a different than other purchase order, then you can restrict MIRO for these particular different purchase orders by using badi or user exit.

So please find your appropriate badi or user exit from this document and Happy Coding.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still the opinion that the process in general is not understood.

Now you are talking about workflow approval in SRM, what has this to do with invoice receipt?

The order should only get replicated to ERP if it was approved in SRM, if you do your approval there. And all this has nothing to do with the invoice. An order shall only be send to the vendor if it was approved. So how could a vendor even send an invoice if he does not know about an order yet?

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is purpose of the PO if can not use it for GR or Invoice. Why you explore Request for Quotation process. It is also external document and you can maintain validity as well as prices. but again What you are trying to achieve here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both of you,

Thank you for your answer, but I was wondering if I could block invoicing without having to do any action after creating the PO. It would be a type of order can't be invoiced and receive any goods.

The purpose of all this is to use a PO like a contract (save a quantity, material, price for a vendor) .

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply spoken, a PO is not a contract, it has a different purpose and hence different requirements.

And to a normal business case belongs payment for the goods. I can't understand why you do not want to allow invoice entry if the goods are not for free. Are you from the Mafia?

0 Kudos

Surely this is not the requirement that no receipts & invoice should get posted.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Jurgen's comments, you may flag the "Final Invoice" indicator in PO - invoice tab and make the message M8 705 as error message in OMRM. Now, system wont allow to  post the invoice for the item..

Regards,

AKPT