cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Model User from a Standard Access Requst

chris_hall2
Participant
0 Kudos

When an Access Request has been submitted and the Add Role option is selected I do not see an option to filter roles based on a User ID.  This process I am familiar with as we are upgrading from 5.3.  Is this just an oversight on my part and missing authorizations some where or just not part of the functionality.  Seems like I can filter on every thing but a User. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jaykumar
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts: When we copy user/model user, we add existing assignment to the new requester. In access detail screen, roles are display which assign to model user. Now some roles have Remove, Retain, Assign actions. so if I submit request with this actions, Roles that are shows as "Remove", will be removed from the requester ID (this means remove roles are assigned to requester but not the model user and due to that roles will be removed). Could you please give your inputs on the same.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

the option to filter for Users comes with the simplified access request and is not available from the extended access request form.

Regards,

Alessandro

chris_hall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Alessandro.  I will have to do a little more investigation into the simplified request as we don't have this option currently enabled.

fx050
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In GRC 10.1, the Model User request is used to create a new user by copying an existing user .

The "Model User" option is provided just under the "Access Management" Work Center.

This request type has 4 steps; at the 1st step enter the user id that you want to create. At 2nd step, enter the existing model user whose access needs to be copied to the newly created user (provided in step 1). Here you will be able to see all the roles/systems the existing user has assigned to him. You can select the roles/systems that you want. At the 3rd step, Enter request description etc. & finally at the 4th step Review & submit your "Model User" request.

Please refer the below screenshots:- 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Faraz

chris_hall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Faraz.  Yes I was aware of the model access request type but that does not help us if a standard request is submitted.