cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jco.server.max_startup_delay

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 730870 say:

Q 25: A RFC sender channel is registered at a SAP Gateway which is shutdown. Does the RFC sender channel automatically reconnect to the SAP Gateway after it is available again?

A: The SAP Gateway is shutdown due to e.g. offline backup of the R/3 database while a RFC-Adapter sender channel is registering at this SAP Gateway. After restarting the SAP Gateway, the RFC sender channel does not seem to automatically perform a reconnect.

Actually the RFC sender channel will try to reconnect to the SAP Gateway. If this reconnect fails, the next reconnect attempt is made after a waiting period of 1 second. If the next reconnect fails also, the waiting period is doubled and so on. This will lead to a reconnect timing of 1, 2, 4, 8, ..., 3600 seconds. Saving recources is the aim of this technique.

If not configured, the maximum waiting time is defined in the middleware layer of SAP JCO, which is 3600 seconds. But this maximum time can be configured for each RFC sender channel in the XI Integration Directory. Open the Advanced Mode for the RFC Server Parameter.

Before SP 12: Add a line to the table and use 'jco.server.max_startup_delay' as name and the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts as value.

Since SP 12: Enter the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts in the field Maximum Reconnect Delay.

My question:

Where to find the parameter jco.server.max_startup_delay?

Regards,

Dirk-Jan Kloezeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think it is a parameter that shud be maintained in the rfc adapter...correct me if i'm wrong

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also u can check if the installation guide in service.sap.com help u in findg the parameter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/47/80f671ee6e4b41b63c0fe46bd6e4f8/content.htm

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the parameter that I was looking for.

In the Integration Directory go to Sender Agreement and choose your sender agreement you have made. Then mark the advanced mode and you will see the option Maximum Reconnection Delay.

Thanks for the effort

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

darn, that was so simple

At times the obvious is what we do not see.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, still can't find it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't find that parameter there..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but just asked one of my BASIS teamn mates here, and they asked to try,

Server- Services --> Data sources / Connectors.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are connected to the J2EE Engine choose the tab 'Cluster' and open the appropriate server node in the tree. Then open the 'Services' node. There you can see the entry 'SAP XI Adapter: RFC'.

In this you will find this parameter.

Source -

Regards

Bhavesh