Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Material Master views

former_member246786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I wonder if there is somewhere a complete explanation of the impact of having each view on a specific material master opened or not at company or plant or other level.

Let me say, if I do not have an MRP View, I will not be able to produce a specific product for sure, but is the MRP View request to use the material as a component in a BOM ?

From a more detailed point of view, is there a way excepte experience to know exactly what are the main master data field and there impact on processes for each view ? Because most of the time, there is for sure a field description, but it's never clear regarding documentation that this specific field is used at this step of this dataflow by the systel to achieve this goal or this one.

Thank you for your help

Best Regards
M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you already guessed the answer, Morgan, given the *crickets chirp* silence following your question... just to make it explicit: no, there is no such tool/documentation. So it is a combination of documentation / experience / and mainly testing&testing&testing which you have to rely on.

TomT

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone is welcome to post a document in SCN after he has done this fundamental research.