Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Unit number to be changed during TO confirmation using IDOC

former_member712038
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a case where we want to create a TO without giving the storage unit number for a source storage type activated with SU.  This is why because the actual source bin and source HU will be determined by AS/RS system and we are going to integrate AS/RS to SAP.  Hence during pick process (ie., TO creation) we don't know the exact source bin and HU from where the AS/RS system will pick the material.  We are planning to intergrate SAP to AS/RS system through SAP-PI.

We are looking to confirm the transfer order through inbound idoc with message type WMTOCO and during that time the actual SU and bin will be sent by AS/RS system.

Kindly provide your views.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kanak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

without knowing the system detail it is very difficult to answer your question. Could you please let us know

- How the AS/RS is mapped in your system (is it a storage bin / storage type )

- How is the overall goods movement in operational term

if your AS/RS is defined as a Storage type with one single bin in ECC and the strategy is Bulk then you can easily update the SU number during confirmation by message type WMTOCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanakaraj,

Better create a New NON-SU Managed Storage type XYZ [Allowing Negative Qty] and try creating a TO from XYZ -> 916 and later when AS/RS send you the exact Source location, move the stock from Correct Source to XYZ.

Thanks,

Sai Arala

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think using ABAp you can have storage bin/st unit field optional and fill it later on using IDOC

IF  that is not working you can always switch to the most trusted one

Create Inbound delivery using IDOC. St BIN and ST Unit information can also be captured in ASN

To can be created on the basis of ASN(Inbound delivery)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your warehouse structure (bins and storage units) already exists in AS/AR system why implement the WM level in SAP rather then IM level only?

I believe it would take some serious code customization to allow creation of SAP transfer orders with the source location information as blank. Perhaps I don't fully understand the logic.