cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View history in SAP HANA Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know how can I see the history of creation, deletion, etc. of a stored procedure and see the date, hour, etc. of these changes. Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Recardo,

for Repository procedures this is possible. There are several options available.

In HANA Studio/Eclipse with HANA Tools:

- Project Explorer: Right Click on procedure -> Team -> Show in -> History

- Repositories: Right Click on procedure -> Show in History

HANA web-based development workbench:

- Right Click on procedure -> Versions

Maybe if you are on an old revision some options are missing.

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Florian,

but I'm new in SAP HANA, I don't understand what you mean with "repository procedures" Are these the same procedures of any database? I have SAP HANA Studio version 1.0.7403 and I don't see those menu options.

What do you mean with HANA Studio/Eclipse with HANA Tools?

Do I need to install some other application?

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

with "repository procedures" I mean procedures which are stored in the HANA repository. Only for that procedures a version management (and lifecycle management) is available. The other kind of procedures are catalog procedures which are created directly in the catalog. These should not be used anymore, because of disadvantages compared to repository procedures.

Regarding the version menu options: The described options are available at least with SPS08 (any 8x revision). To a SPS07 system I do not have access anymore.

Regards HANA Studio/Eclipse with HANA Tools: You can either use HANA Studio or a standard Eclipse installation with installed HANA Tools (HANA tools repository site to install the tools in your Eclipse installation is e.g. for Luna http://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna). You are free what you use.

Regards,

Florian

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have a question regarding the object history..

I had deleted an Analytic View (A) from the package.. I rechecked, in _SYS_BIC... Now when I create a new analytic view with the same name why does it show the history of my previous versions.. ??

Due to this I am unable to activate the new created analytic view.. Please share your thoughts..

-Avinash

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

in case you delete an object and create it new with the same name in the same package you see the previous versions (of the "deleted" object) too. Creating the object again just increases the version counter. This is ok, because the versioning is done with key Package ID, Object Name, Object Suffix. You can checks this in table _SYS_REPO.OBJECT_HISTORY.

Why are you not able to activate the view because of the old versions? Old versions should not have an impact on the activation of a new version (if all is consistent). Do you get any error? Do you have checked that your new version is correct?

Best Regards,

Florian