cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View and Edit pdf file in Agentry iOS client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly may i know whether the agentry iOS client have the ability to view pdf file in later version?

We have client request to view the pdf file attached like in email, by choose pdf reader in email 'Open In' feature, and edit the pdf file if editable, so three things we could follow up-

1. Adding agentry client app in the 'Open In' list, so will be shown in 'Open In' list, there will be some solution online, please advice if any idea.

2. View pdf file in agentry client, not sure whether it have the ability to view pdf?

3. Edit the pdf file if it's editable, this will be complicated, possibly need integrate third party open source to edit pdf file.

Not sure anyone have similar scenario and figure out any good sample for this. Appreciate any response!

Thanks,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Aaron,

1. Adding agentry client app in the 'Open In' list, so will be shown in 'Open In' list, there will be some

solution online, please advice if any idea.

[Bill] What are you trying to achieve here?  Are you trying to bring pdf files from email into the Agentry client?

2. View pdf file in agentry client, not sure whether it have the ability to view pdf?

[Bill] Yes, the Agentry iOS client through the HTML control can view a PDF file without needed any additional third party libraries.

3. Edit the pdf file if it's editable, this will be complicated, possibly need integrate third party open source to edit pdf file.

[Bill]  No, editing of a PDF is not supported and would need to be done through a third party library and added into the client as an Open UI control.  We did this as a proof of concept on the WPF client but have not done anything yet on iOS in this regard as we need to find an appropriate SDK to support the feature.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for your response.

1. Yes, for example, I received a email with PDF attachment and launch iPad Email app, tap and hold on the pdf file will popup an 'Open In' window, we can choose Agentry client app from this list, and can view the pdf in Agentry client app. and store/edit it later on. any suggestion?

2. Cool, so we can view any pdf attachment in agentry client without additional code change?

3. Do we have any investigation results could share with us? Thanks a lot.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Aaron,

1. Yes, for example, I received a email with PDF attachment and launch iPad Email app, tap and hold on the pdf file will popup an 'Open In' window, we can choose Agentry client app from this list, and can view the pdf in Agentry client app. and store/edit it later on. any suggestion?

This is not a supported feature out of the box with the Agentry client.  It is something I am looking into for another project but at this time I do not have any details on if it will be possible or not.

2. Cool, so we can view any pdf attachment in agentry client without additional code change?

Correct

3. Do we have any investigation results could share with us? Thanks a lot.

I have not picked an SDK yet for iOS that has the functionality I am looking to implement so at this time it is a future project for me when time permits.

--Bill

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may read this thread.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, Thanks for your information.

It's different scenario as we have.