cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on dropdown for DATE

0 Kudos

I've created dropdown for DATE as follows in my Template

Bt my requirement is in this format so that it'll be easy for enduser to go through necessary dates easily.

I've tried excel filters bt itz not working for dropdown.I want it to be done in BPC like this.

Best Regards,

Mehul B. Magare

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul

This is one of the ways to get a date picker but not in the way you want but still pretty interactive. Hope that helps.

Excel Tips: Put a Calendar Date Picker on an Excel Worksheet

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

Sorry, but what are you trying to achieve? Where can I see the report layout? What do you want to filter?

Vadim

0 Kudos

Actually i've dates in my report for which i've created dropdown which is in the form 1-04-2015 k?
But if user have to go to some particular date then he has to search for the date, so i want it in tree format like 1st year will come 2015 and when we expand then months likewise days so that user will find it simpler to go to particular date.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

What type of report ? What is the output of selection ?

Can you explain your requirement with the help of screen shot ?

Are you using TIME type dimension for DATE?

Shrikant 

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Screenshot? Not able to help without understanding requirements...

Vadim

0 Kudos

Vadim , my requirement is to get filter on dates so that it'll come in hierarchy format i.e. year-mnth n den date format. With excel filter it is coming on header i.e. Day/month/year in my screenshot but i want it to be done in dropdown i've created for Date.

Mehul

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unclear!

What is the relation between dropdown and filter? What do you want to select? What for?

Vadim

0 Kudos

I'm also confused with the same question but for client those date formats should be in tree format so they will be able to go through the dates easily..

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VBA you can create form with TreeView with the required features...