Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving USR Folder for two Instance

former_member287614
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

I have the problem with the space in test server.

In the test server i have two instances:

- XXX ERP 6.0 (only abap stack)

- Solution Manager 7.1 (abap+java stack)

Both instances share the USR folder, but i need more space for the ERP Upgrade. My idea is move the USR folder a new free volumen in the same server.

I was looking for many discussion for move the USR folder for ABAP instance, I think performing the following steps for XXX ERP 6.0:

1.stopped SAP and all SAP-related windows services
2.copied the entire \usr\sap structure to the new location (from the C:drive to the 😧 drive on the same server)
3.recreated the SAP shares (sapmnt and saploc)
4.reconfigured the SAP Windows Services and changed every instance of c:\usr\sap found at the registry to d:\usr\sap
5.changed the environment variables of user <SID>ADM and the system variables
6.reviewed the SAP profiles (nothing was changed)
7.restarted the server
8.checked the automatic start of the SAP Windows Services (it was OK)
9.Started SAP

For Solution Manager instance i do not know working fine if I apply above steps.

I have two question for:

- I can move the folder USR following the above steps and start the instance for Solution Manager? what another procedure i need execute for the change the volumen for Solution Manager 7.1 (abap+java stack)

- O I can use two USR folder? only move/change for the XXX ERP and Solman stay in the same placed ?

Thanks guy for the tips

Desirée

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>>- I can move the folder USR following the above steps and start the instance for Solution Manager? what another procedure i need execute for the change the volumen for Solution Manager 7.1 (abap+java stack)<<

Solution Manager has Java stack. As this is on a Windows machine there must be some configuration with the drive name in the Configtool. You can try the same steps for Solution Manager and see if that helps and if there are issues you might need to manually change all the fields with the old drive name.

Moreover you do not need to have the <Drive>:\usr\sap with space for the upgrade. You can use a different drive for upgrade and the shadow system and the installation media can be put there.

>>- O I can use two USR folder? only move/change for the XXX ERP and Solman stay in the same placed ?<<

If you already have sufficient free space then leave the Solution Manager as it is and also consider using a different drive for the upgrade.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you share the OS / DB ?

Regards

SS

former_member287614
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siriam

The OS is Windows 2008 x64 and DB Oracle 11g

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just simple way to do windows OS level mirroring easiest way to complete the task.

Regards

SS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create shadow instance in remote system for upgrade.

Refer 

Also add space to file system to meet minimun requirement.

Moving any application on windows to other volume requires changes in registry, generall.

May be someone might have done it on windows have a better solution.

Regards,