Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies cannot be deleted from Crystal Reports 2013 SP2

zoltan_karner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

A default SAP report has been modified, and old dependencies remained in the report, which are no longer used (and would use connected tables which are no longer present in the report).

How can I remove old dependencies, since I can't find the "Dependencies" window in the Field Explorer (as I can recall, 2011 version had this). Was this changed or I'm missing something?

Of course, I'm getting the normal error message, stating that I do not have the necessary database connections:

Thanks,

Zoltán

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan

How did you "remove" the dependencies?

Also, consider updating to Service Pack 6. The SP Downloads are here:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

Oh. And the creenshot looks like this is happening in a .NET app(?), so I moved the post to the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio SCN Space.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

zoltan_karner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Maybe I was a bit misunderstandable.

I've found a description on another site, which pretty much contains my problem as well:

"Before I changed the report, I had a working sql expression.

The modification made to the report was to replace one table with another, I added the new table, changed the group from the old table to the new table and then removed the orignal table. I neglected to remove the sql expression first.  It is no longer needed since I am removing the table that holds multiple records and relied on the sql expresson to select the relevent record.  The sql expression will not work and sends an error, "argument is not valid".  Using Field explorer, I can not see the sql expression or the tag to create a new one.  In an attempt to correct this problem, I re added the first table and changed the group back to what it was.  That did not help.  Also when I refresh the report, I end up in the formula workshop, I can see a folder in the top left that shows, "Error in compiling sql expression" and the sql expression.  I right click on it, and can see the option to delete, however the delete is inactive it does not accept my click. I also removed the code from the expression-not helpful either."

Basically, my problem is the same. Had an expression connected to a table, table was changed to another one. Since then, the report crashes Crystal Reports and does not work.

I'll try SP6 as you've suggested, maybe that'll help.

Thanks,

Zoltán

0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

In the Field Explorer are you saying you no longer see the SQL Expression tag, is that what you mean?

If so it's because you have multiple data sources now. You need to remove one of them and then the SQL Expression tag will show up again. Now you should be able to remove the bad expression.

Also, if this happened it means you have multiple data sources and that is not supported so you need to fix that part of the report.

If not the above can you attach the report using the advanced editor, simply add a .txt extension to the report.

I'll run it through my app and see what happens.

Don

zoltan_karner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

CR SP6 somehow managed to run the report without freezing, guess it leaves out not used SQL expressions.

Thank you for your fast response!

Zoltan

Answers (0)