Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVC Re-alignment locking issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I need some inputs on the below issue.

When the planning book is opened for any material in change mode and we are trying to do CVC re-alignment for another product( or another set of products and not involving the one opened in PB), it is giving an error ‘access locked by user XXX’).

So it is difficult for a client like ours which is globally present across different time zones. At some point of time, a planner would be using the Planning book & re-alignment won’t be feasible. So we are looking for ways to overcome this.

Regards

Soumyajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyajit,

Its a common issue in most of the projects.... Below are just my thoughts

Options left are .....

Educating the user not to use the PB during the job window.

Creating dedicated PA's for each timzones (If feasible)

Finding the right time to run the CVC when no one is using the PB.

Implementing LC lock and KF level locks.

Selections assigned to users should be with minimum planning objects and not wide open.

Restrict the no of users who are using the PB.

Going for Custom reports.

Check the below discussions

Additionally you can look at the report /SAPAPO/TS_LC_DISPLAY_LOCKS to display the locks and find out the users who are using the selections and ask them to get rid of PB (Though its a manual work before the job starts.)

Regards

Vinoth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyajit,

In such cases you need to maintain the entries manually or through a file in the day time and schedule a job for /SAPAPO/TS_REALIGN_COPY when you have a window for the same. I hope already you execute certain jobs when users are not in. You can schedule this accordingly.

Or you can put a logic through a program which gives message to all active users to log-off to carry out such activity (though preferred time should be when less people are in) and log-in thereafter when once job is done. For the same you can check for different threads available.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do realignement at Infocube level, check below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/4b/4655bdec4a70d3e10000000a42189b/frameset.htmHi,

Regards,

Anil