Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO destination connection failed

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We have configured JCO destination, when we are ping and test, it's giving an error i.e., Connect to message server host failed, Connection parameters" like that. also find below screen shot and suggest me what can we do here and how to move forward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You need to check the below things:

- You need to maintained the sapmsPED which is maintained in your services file.

- You need to check the ASCS message server port which might be wrong.

- Also check whether it is pointing to correct port or not.

Copy paste the full error message to analyze the issue and also do paste the default trace.

I think it is pointing to the wrong message server. so also let us know the instance number of ASCS / SCS.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you reply back

When i am Test the JCO: below error :

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connection parameters: TYPE=B DEST=<Java Rfc client> MSHOST=sapdev R3NAME=PED GROUP=SPACE PCS=1 ERROR       partner 'sapdev:sapmsPED' not reached TIME        Thu Jul 09 16:50:44 2015 RELEASE     742 COMPONENT   NI (network interface) VERSION     40 RC          -10 MODULE      D:/depot/bas/742_REL/src/base/ni/nixxi.cpp LINE        3324 DETAIL      NiPConnect2: 192.168.1.13:3600 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO       10061 ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER     1

when i am Ping JCO : below error

Failed to ping JCo destination 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics'.

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Let me know where can see ASCS / SCS. i am new to EP please

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the second option I have suggested you? If you are unable to maintain an entry in the services file at the OS level then create the JCo RFC with the specific AS ABAP details and not with the logon group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Can you please check as suggested in screenshot

Even after maintaining Host name in etc/host if it does not resolve check the above JCO destination.

Probably client not properly assigned or user id and password..

Paste the screenshot of maintain JCO destination for troubled Jco as suggested in screenshot

Regards

Anand

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we have maintained service file please find screenshot for your references and let us know,

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are configuring portal first time, so that for all JCO shaving same issue please find screenshots

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are maintaining entry in Service file, please check below screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

If i am not wrong i believe you have used J2ee_admin to login to check JCO destination.

If that is the case then this Jco connection is bound to fail

Please confirm.

Regards

Anand

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In services file , you have maintained port 3601 for sapmsPED.

But in the error it is trying to connect to 3600 port on host 192.168.1.13

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connection parameters: TYPE=B DEST=<Java Rfc client> MSHOST=sapdev R3NAME=PED GROUP=SPACE PCS=1 ERROR       partner 'sapdev:sapmsPED' not reached TIME        Thu Jul 09 16:50:44 2015 RELEASE     742 COMPONENT   NI (network interface) VERSION     40 RC          -10 MODULE      D:/depot/bas/742_REL/src/base/ni/nixxi.cpp LINE        3324 DETAIL      NiPConnect2: 192.168.1.13:3600 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO       10061 ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER

So you need to check with the Basis team about the correct instance number for ASCS instance.

If the Basis reply that ASCS instance number is 01 , then the value maintained in the services file is correct then you need to take a restart of the EP system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My problem has been resolved, but another issue occurred,please find below screenshot

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish ,

Kindly check note    1578217 - Jco Connection fails with 'password' missing error.

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

how did 'com.sap.mw.JCO$Exception' error get resolved? I am getting similar error.

Thanks and Regard,

Vani

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the entry sapmsPED in the services file? If that is not possible then reconfigure the JCo without the logon group SPACE and with the instance number and the hostname.

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast response,

i am new to EP,So that i don't know about Service file, where it should be there can you tell me briefly please. 

SATISHSAYINI1
Participant
0 Kudos
Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

services file is located at the OS level of the machine. If you want to configure JCo's with logon groups you need to maintain the entry in the services file.

Have a look at this wiki to understand the scenario

Configure and use logon group (ABAP) - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Other than that you can configure JCo's without logon group.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you share the OS details.

If linux/AIX/HPUX,

Then ask your basis team to maintain the below enteries in Services file

sapmsPED 36XX/tcp  xx is instance number (location of services file /etc/services)

For windows :

Services file be location

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi