cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Work Distribution - Unit Responsible could not be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues.

Please take a look over two PrntScrns attached which reflect my problem.

When I try to edit organizational work distribution C4C cannot find Org. Unit Responsible form Value Selection.

However, when I type in the proper value "by hand" and press Enter it shows just as if it would be all okay.

Does some of You, please, could help me to make diagnosis of this case?

I'm affraid that it could affect later on another aspects, when system will be have to work live.

Best regards

Slavomir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KathrinD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Slavomir,

In order for the Org Unit to be displayed in the value help, the Org has to fulfil two conditions:
1. the Org Unit must have the Customer Service function active.

2. Either the Org Unit itself or any of its parent organizations have the Sales Organization/Service Organization function activated.
You can check this in your Org Structure by selecting the respective Org Unit and navigate to the Functions tab.
Please note that the Effective Date should have the same date as your Valid From date in the rule.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kathrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathrin, thank You very much.

I think what You say is a Bingo but....

...what to do if I do not want to change "effective from date" of Org. Structures and at the same time C4C does not allow me to set reverse date while editing Organizational Management ? Meaning of my careful logic is that I don't want to affect negative any processes in future. You surely know what I mean, something can stop working in unexpected moment

Greetings

Slavomir

KathrinD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Slavomir,

if you change the Effective from date in the Org structure in view mode it only means that you can check what is active on that date. So what I meant is that if you want to know if the functions are active at a certain date (e.g. the valid from date in your rule) the effective from date in the Org structure. But you can also check the validity of the functions in the Timelines tab of the Org unit. Under the attribute Functions, you will see the Value e.g. Service Organization and a valid from and valid to date. So here you can also check if the functions are valid.

Best regards,

Kathrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathrin,

I've confirmed that Customer Service is valid since before I wanted to set up Organizational  Work Distribution (please see PrntScrn). The same is according to all parent units. I also checked if all parent units have the same Valid From date and they do have so this should not be source of the problem.

I still cannot see any Org. Units in Value Selection when editing organizational work distribution.

What's either making me upset is that after, You remember, using force to put unit name by typing it Tickets are not assigned to specified team.

I'll be very grateful if You could try to deal with this further.

PS-I got familiar with "Start Date" conception in the Manual. It says:

"The start date is the initial effective-from date that you use when you first set up your org structure. This date should be carefully chosen. Specify the unique start date that is to be used for the entire org structure prior to creating any org units. It should be close to the transition into the SAP solution, so that the data maintained in the system represents the reality of your company at that time."

Maybe the problem is that the Start Date is poorly located?

Best regards and thanks a lot for Your dedication.

Slav

KathrinD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Slavomir,

in this case I would recommend to open an incident and send it to support. Support can then analyse why in your case the org units are not displayed in the work distribution rule.

Best regards,
Kathrin

Answers (0)