cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are trying to implement Screen Personas in our company and have implemented SAP Screen Persona 2.0 SP3 in our Development client. Currently we have configured some flavors, done some scripting and have given a demo also to our end-users.While working on Personas and having read a lot of stuff about it on SCN and various other forums, we have the below queries or concerns for which i seek your expert advice or answer. Here we go:

1. WebDynpro transactions are not supported in Personas 2.0. Does Personas 3.0 support the same?
    2. How to enable error message popup in Personas 2.0? What we have observed is that, if a transaction throws an error, Personas doesn't show the error message pop-up as it happens in SAP GUI for windows. Is there some setting that we can do?
    3. Is there any known limitation of Personas in downloading data to Excel file? We faced an ABAP error while downloading a report data into Excel. The same report is downloading to Excel without any issues in the normal SAP GUI (Windows).
    4. Is it possible to change the color of the Flavor Frame bar (the black colored frame on top of the Personas screen where all flavors assigned to a user a listed) ?
    5. I know it is too early to ask this question but still - Has anyone used Personas 3.0 (now GA) and found it to be superior to Personas 2.0 in terms of functionalities and performance?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

BR,

Sujith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can help with some of these:

1. Personas 3 does not (currently) support webdynpro transactions either. At TechEd last year we had a demo of the beginnings of WDA support in Personas, so it is being worked on. As always, SAP never promise functionality or dates until ready for release, so we don't know when or even if this will become available.
  2. As far as I know, there's no way to do this.
  3. This isn't a general problem - I have some flavours that download successfully to excel. Comparing with Windows SAPgui isn't always the best test - how does webgui behave? If it works in webgui and not in Personas, that's probably a bug and worth creating an OSS message for.
  4. There's no standard way to do this, no. There are always unofficial, unsupported ways of doing things, but they're not recommended. You'd need to change SAP standard objects and your changes will likely disappear after patches or OSS notes are applied.
  5. Personas 3 is superior to Personas 2 in many ways, including performance. Scripting in particular is much more powerful. Read this blog for more details of what's new -

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks a lot for your quick replies.

We are clear with respect to 1 and 4. No support for WDA is really a problem in our case.

Regarding 2, I would still like to know if there is some way out.

And yes, for 3, agree that the test should be based on WebGUI. We will get that part checked.

With respect to 5,I had already read the content on the link that you have shared. Just wanted to know if anyone has any hands-on experiences to share.

BR,

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was part of the ramp-up program for Personas 3, and have been using for about 12 months now. My hands-on experience matches what is described in that document 🙂

I have no insight into the likely availability of Personas support for WDA. I would progress on the assumption it will not be available anytime soon.

As for status messages in pop-ups, that is a feature of the particular frontend GUI and not the backend ERP system. The webgui doesn't support status messages in pop-ups, and since Personas is built upon webgui, neither does Personas. That said, the facilities exist in Personas 3 to built it yourself. There are screen events that are triggered at the right time, and features in the Personas 3 scripting, to allow you to add this to any screen you want it on. You can't do it generically for every screen though. You can only make it work on screens you have built flavours for.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Really amazed at the quick and precise responses that you have provided . We got a lot of clarity on our queries now.

Thanks a lot!

BR,

Sujith

Answers (0)