cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Profile in EM Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have a requirement to show more than 100 fields in EM Web UI in an expected sequence.

But In Display Profile, sequence number can only be from 1 to 99.

Please suggest, how it can be achieved through Sequence table ,Sequence Number and Column Number fields....

Regards,

Ratnakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

This is SAP EM standard which can accept upto 99.  There would be reason behind because it would hit badly performance on the SAP EM WebUI.

I strongly recommend DO NOT ENHANCE or open the field to accept 3 length in data element /SAPTRX/UCOH.

You can ask the team to review the display fields again to bring down to 99 if they want only 99 fields.

Most of the time business users request but they don't know system limitations and impact.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But we can also keep more than 99 entries currently (in standard) by putting same duplicate values (seq table, seq no. col no.) for different fields.

In that case, they are sorted in alphabetical order. 

So why you think... performance will be impacted as a part of this enhancement because SAP has not limited the no. of display fields to 99.

Regards,

Ratnakar

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you will not need more than 100 fields per column, right? In that case it should be possible to use sequence numbers from 1 - 99 per column in the EH details.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me the sequence that you are suggesting for display profile... Is It the following

Seq table Seq no Col no

1               1          1

2               2          1

3               3          1

1               1          2

2               2          2

3               3          2

or

Seq table Seq no Col no

1               2          1

1               3          1

1               1          2

1               2          2

1               3          2

Above mentioned mapping is not working..

We are using the following which is working fine.

Seq table Seq no Col no

2               2          1

3               3          1

4               4          2

5               5          2

6               6          2

6               6          2 (duplicate too)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you define in the "Seq Table" column determines the position in the EH overview table (Search result tab) - I guess you do not need to have more than 99 fields in this table, so here the 99 available sequence numbers should be sufficient to define the order.

The other two columns "Seq. Det." and "Col. No." belong together and determine the position of the field on the Details tab. As long as you do not want to have more than 99 fields per column the available sequence numbers should also be sufficient. You can use all the sequence numbers once per column and still have a well defined order.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I do not want to show some column in the search result tab but want to show in the details tab,

what value should I put in the sequence table for that field in the display profile.

Regards,

Ratnakar

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to select 'Detail Screens (Detail Order Required)' for the related configured field. Then you do not have to provide the sequence for the table (Seq. Table), but only the sequence for the details screen (Seq. Det.) and the column number. This configured field will then only be displayed on the details screen and NOT in the search result table.

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

The option that i would recommend is to group fields togather.

For example:

1- If address elements are parsed as parameters- group them into a single display element

2- Group Physical Attributes and Dimensions: 10.000-KG

Since it is a display profile, business users would actually be much more appreciative of things being logically grouped and shown as one single element.