SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget consumption on Invoice before budget carry forward.

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have Budget Carryforward functionality. Budget was carry forwarded on 01.07.2015. Before that few invoice were posted for PO of 2014. System consumed 2015 budget for invoice posted. This is correct system behaviour.

Now client was assuming that even if Invoice were posted before budget carry forward, but budget in invoice should be released and adjusted to carry forward budget which is done. This is incorrect.

Now below is the problem -

There is a huge amount of budget consumed from current year. How to resolve this. One approach is to reverse Invoices and do carry forward again. but reversing invoice is not possible as payment is done.

Is there any way we can transfer carry forward budget to existing budget or any work around.

Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow your doubts... But, before clarifying your issue, provide the following data:

a) Your update profile and whether you made some adjustments to it?

b) I assume, you are not using PBET, as you wouldn't be able to post invoices on non carried-forward document in another year, but please confirm.

Second, you speak of consumed budget of current year. Which year would it be 2015 or 2014? And what budget payment, commitment or both you are talking about?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow your doubts... But, before clarifying your issue, provide the following data:

a) Your update profile and whether you made some adjustments to it?

b) I assume, you are not using PBET, as you wouldn't be able to post invoices on non carried-forward document in another year, but please confirm.

Second, you speak of consumed budget of current year. Which year would it be 2015 or 2014? And what budget payment, commitment or both you are talking about?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

This issue is resolved. We have implemented 2 notes given by Mar.. Note number is 1620682 and 1632145.

Eli thanks for all your help till yet.

Regards

Zunaid