cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to process by SAP, Error:Exception :The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. Inner Exception

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I am having soap to rfc synchronous scenario . Third party is using .NET technology  . We have given them wsdl which they are consuming .

But third party is getting below error on call.

Failed to process by SAP, Error:Exception :The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Inner Exception

Even i am not getting anything in sxmb_moni neither success nor error message . Is it like the request is not reaching XI ?  What is the problem . Please help .

Regards ,

Nikhil Save

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The problem seem to be in .net code, check this thread     Exception: "The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedl...

Ask to your .net partner that they try first with SOAPui to assure the communications and ports are right and open.

Regards.

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki ,

Thanks .

But tell me one thing , how can you say that problem is with .NET code ?

Because it is saying that failed to process by SAP.

I have reffered below link .It is also saying the same .

http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/10/21/xi-the-underlying-connection-was-closed-an-...

Regards ,

Nikhil Save

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

But tell me one thing , how can you say that problem is with .NET code ?

I think "seem" and not "is". I mean, i'm not totally sure, but if you have no trace in sxi_mointor or RWB in the adapter engine the problem could be in the request. In this way i said to you on the next time that your partner could try with SOAPui in order to assure the problem is not by firewall/port/network. I assume you have tested in your environment before share the wsdl that implies the scenario should work at least with your user, in this way i supposed if the connection is closes can be from the sender side and PI only notifies that the previous connection was closed.

Regards.

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki ,

Thanks . We have asked client to download the altova .

But can you tell me how can we  test in our environment ? As we dont have direct access to the server . We need to do remote login for the same . Hence testing on my machine is of no use .

Regards ,

nikhil Save

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Depending of your PI version you can test it with the WSNavigator:

On the other hand, if your personal machine is not in the same environment, what is the issue?, this is normal, you can test as your partners will test and to find similar issues that they can have.

Regards.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Hit the end point URL in browser, if it's return sucessfull message (http code 200). your PI web service is working fine.

2. import the wsdl in to SOAP UI and send the data from SOAP UI to PI and see the result. if its gves you the sucessfull response then there is problem with SAP backend and SAP PI.

3. Also check the RFC in the backend itself, whether it is able to process fine (request and response).

All the 3 works fine then reach to sender (.net) team to check how they implemented the web service.

Regards,

Manigandan

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki ,

Thanks .

Now we have installed altova on client's machine and we checked . So we got proper output in altova . So can we conclude that issue is at third party side?

One more thing is when i was checking through altova from my machine , i was getting an error as connection to the server can not be established. But same when tried from client's machine altova , we are getting proper response.

Regards ,

Nikhil Save

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

So we got proper output in altova . So can we conclude that issue is at third party side?

Yes, if you have tested in altova with the same user that .net application.

Also, you can conclude there is not network/firewall issues.

, i was getting an error as connection to the server can not be established.

This seems to be that your machine has not connectivity, at least for the port that you have defined inside the wsdl, Have your tried to set the URL connection directly in browser?, have you tried with the PI IP instead the host PI name?.

Regards.

former_member228109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Thanks for your help . We have resolved the issue . The issue was from third party side . Our soap url was blocked in their network . Hence it was giving error .

Regards ,

Nikhil Save

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nikil,

You can do the above testing with SOAP UI also . for doing this testing there is no need of opening any firewall or ports.

First Download SOAP UI into your local desktop and keep the generated WSDL as-well on the desktop  ,

Open the downloaded SOAP UI and follow the below steps

1. Goto File--> New soapUI Project

Now click on the Browse near to Initial WSDL/WADL.

2. select the required WSDL that you like to test .

3. Now under Projects which is at top to left side of SOAP UI screen you will find the message structure that created in SAP PI. now expand that structure.

4. Click on the Request which is there under the message structure.

5. Now a popup screen will appear for the request.

6. in that on left side you will find the fields which you had created in SAP PI and the endpoint on the top.

7. give the require data for the fields and at bottom to left side of SOAP UI screen you will find Request Properties, in that fill Username and password with you SAP PI credentials.

8. At last after providing all the above details click on the submit request icon will will be in green color near the endpoint .

9. now at the right side you will get the response from SAP. if you get as required then you can say that interface in SAP PI is up and running fine. If not you will get the error logs as well.

Regards,

Yugandhar