Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT performance report not displaying any data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Solution manager 7.1 SP12.

DIA agent configured in all the child system. Technical monitoring configured in all the child systems successfully. We are able to see Availability,performance, configuration and exception details in system monitoring under Technical monitoring tab in solman_workcenter.But we we try to see the instance availability in IT performance report not displaying any data. But we able to see other data in IT performance reporting configuration.

Out of 7 system 3 system giving instance availability data in IT performance reporting.

I have attached the required screenshot below.Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmikanth,

The multiprovider 0CCMPDATA consists of all Infocubes related to Technical monitoring. Check if all infocubes are active and find the infocube for system availability to see if there is any data in it. If you see data for a few systems only and not all, then it is an issue with extractors.

regards,

Sumanth Babu

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lax.,

well, SAP Solutionmanager is really complex and buggy! We use Nagios to monitor our sap systems.

Nagios is free, reliable, easy to use and stable.

The disadvantage of Solman is: Every time you patch the system you have to do solman_setup again! And every time we do that, we got trouble. Besides, they always change the design and the functionality with patches instead of EHPs!

Solman was designed to punish Admins!

Best regards

Willi Eimler

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Willi

SolMan has some complexity to it, no doubt about that but on the later SP stack levels, you can automate much more than before. Running SolMan_Setup for Technical Monitoring can be automatically ran as from SP12 and higher through AMSC (automated managed system configuration) - requires a diagnostics agent on the fly.

The main problem I've seen is that there is a lack of Solution Manager knowledge out there which causes lots of issues at customer side because they don't know in depth how everything works thus they run into lots of problems where they have to call in SAP support through customer message to help them out.

Maybe you could do a comparison blog post on nagios or something, would be interested in reading it and perhaps SAP will also and improve their scenario accordingly?

Best regards

Tom

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

you wrote:

The main problem I've seen is that there is a lack of Solution Manager knowledge out there which causes lots of issues at customer side because they don't know in depth how everything works

If you change the word SolutionManager against something else, this statement is often true! If you know how something works you don't have a problem. If not, you have a problem.

But why does the customer don't have a deep insight in Solutionmanager? Because sap changes functionality without getting the documentation up to date. The documentation of SolutionManager is a disaster!!! Well, the documentation looks very modern and hip and structured, but if you want to get into depth the documentation fails often!!!

In my opinion this is a result of the development tactic of sap. All other products are patched against errors with sp-stacks and new functionality is brought by EHPs. But SolutionManager gets new functionality with sp-stacks. This indicates a quick programming style. In Germany exists a adage and it goes:

"something is knitted with a hot needle" that stands for: "it is done quick and dirty"

In my opinion the Solutionmanager is knitted with a extremely hot needle!!!

And, by the way, if the customer would open a message each time he gots a problem with solman, sap would get a big support problem!

Best regards

Willi Eimler

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Did you set up IT Performance Reporting through the SAP Solution Manager - System Monitoring workcenter?

See for the "setup" point.

Once everything is set up, you should have extractors running in the extractor framework so once the setup is done you should check that all your extractors are running properly through the SAP Solution Manager administration workcenter - infrastructure - extractor framework and filter on the managed system ID. Check if your extractors are running properly and are in a consistent state.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have checked extractors are fine. Please tell me which extractor takes care of Instance Availability.

Regards,

Raj

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

I looked into it but it seems you need CCMSping agent to get IT Performance Reporting availability metrics going.

Check for "IT Performance Reports: Instance Availability using CCMSPING in help.sap.com"

Best regards

Tom